We’re looking for a CUDA Software Developer specializing in GPU applications,
algorithms, and performance optimization to accelerate Cesium’s 3D Tiling
Pipelines for tiling massive 3D models and data using GPUs. Cesium’s 3D Tiling
Pipelines enables our users to tile and stream their geospatial data using
best-in-class tiling algorithms and optimizations for efficient runtimes.
Cesium’s next generation of tiling pipelines and algorithms will harness the
power of GPUs to accelerate tiling performance using a combination of
migrating existing algorithms to the GPU and adopting existing CUDA libraries.
What you’ll do:
- Accelerate existing pipelines and algorithms for 3D meshes, point clouds, and other 3D content for tiling using CUDA.
- Profile and analyze currently use algorithms for hotspots that would gain from GPU acceleration.
- Develop prototypes to validate potential performance gains.
- Apply the latest hardware and software optimizations to algorithms to extract maximum performance
- Create performance model for consistent and repeatable performance analysis
- Use modern software development practices to create reusable libraries, unit tests, and documentation
- Be a key part of our development team and collaborate to accelerate the roadmap, participate in collaborative development using GitHub, code reviews, and CI
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of performance optimization oriented software development experience, with CUDA or similar low-level GPU acceleration being a significant part.
- You obsess over performance and extract orders of magnitude performance gains using GPUs.
- Deep understanding, creativity, and problem solving in migrating CPU algorithms to the GPU.
- Skilled at using debugging tools such as Visual Studio or Code Debugger, LLDB/GDB, and performance testing tools and profilers
- Prior experience with processing 3D data algorithms on the GPU is a plus.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on user-focused impact
- Wellness Benefits Visa Card to promote and encourage healthy activities and lifestyle.
- Education Benefit in the form of tuition and loan reimbursement
- 401K with 100% matching up to 6%. 100% vested from day one.
- Remote Workspace Benefit- $1,000 expense to buy office furniture for your remote workspace
- Enjoy 21 paid personal days, as well as additional holidays and a winter break each year.
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Learning opportunities including workshops and Kindle or Audible credits
- Frequent team social events
- Old city office just steps from public transit
- Free lunch, snacks, and drinks at the office Cesium offers
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Stock options to share in the growth that you help create
- 100% medical coverage for you and your dependents, and 99% coverage for dental and vision. 100% premium coverage for short term and long term disability.
- Relocation Assistance Packages, up to $15,000 to make it easier to move closer to our Philadelphia headquarters.
- Commuter benefit for public transit and parking
Cesium was awarded
- 2020 Technology Startup Enterprise Award by the Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT)
- 2020 Startup of the Year in the Geospatial World Awards by Geospatial Media and Communications
- One of Philadelphia's Best Places to Work in Tech 2020 by Tech in Motion
- 2023 EY Entrepreneur of the Year Award
We have a preference for this role to be hybrid in-person in our new
headquarters in Philadelphia. Remote candidates may be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite candidates from all different
backgrounds to bring their unique perspective to Cesium.