Authenticx has grown 1,672% in the last 3 years according to the INC 5000 list.
That was enough growth to land Amy Brown and her band of Authentizens at number 349 on the list, making them the fastest growing private company in Indiana.
Authenticx has raised more than $28 million in venture funding. But it wasn’t too long ago Amy Brown walked the Monon trail listening to an audiobook to learn what venture capital was.
Amy Brown is the Founder and CEO of Authenticx, a machine learning software that analyzes millions of conversations to find tendencies and trends that healthcare organizations use to make educated decisions.
The business has more than 100 employees (or Authentizens), and is growing like crazy. We’re excited to have Amy on the show to learn from the growth and challenges she has faced as a successful mom and startup entrepreneur.
Be sure to check out these great clips from the show:
- [10:05] The problem of unstructured data in healthcare organizations
- [20:42] The importance of understanding the humanity in AI
- [30:19] The decision to seek venture capital
- [33:26] Building an authentic culture
In our conversation with Amy, you will learn about:
- Venture Capital and Authenticity: Amy shares her experiences with investor pitches, her decision to seek venture capital funding, and the importance of authenticity in her company culture.
- From Farm to Tech: Amy’s entrepreneurial journey began at a young age, influenced by her parents’ farm upbringing. She shares her early venture into the baby product market and the invaluable lessons she learned from it.
- Building a Strong Culture Virtually: Amy discusses the challenges of building a strong culture in a virtual or hybrid work environment and shares how Authenticx fosters a sense of community among its employees.
Want to listen to this episode on your chosen app? Click here.
You can stream by clicking here.
If you like this episode, please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. You can also follow us on Spotify. We have an incredible lineup of interviews we’ll be releasing every Wednesday here on Get IN.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Companies and organizations:
- Michael Armstrong
- Scott McCorkle
- Bob Boehnlein
- David G. Fischer
- Trevor Hall
- Ariana McGee
- Nate Spangle
- Matt Hunckler
Subscribe to Get IN.
To subscribe to the Get IN. podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking on Apple Podcasts incredibly! Thank you so much!
Want to get connected with other leaders in the Powderkeg community?
Are you interested in joining the only private membership network focused on supporting tech companies and executives in communities beyond Silicon Valley? Apply for Powderkeg Premium Membership today.
Interested in starting your own Podcast?
Casted is THE first and only podcast and video marketing platform made SPECIFICALLY for B2B brands. The platform makes it possible to publish, syndicate, amplify, and measure the value of your podcast and video content And if you’re a startup, Casted offers their for Startups program that might be for you — offering exclusive deep discounts of up to 82% off retail price for qualifying startups. Connect with Casted at Casted.us/powderkeg.