Tampa’s in action. There were tons of announcements coming out of the Tampa Bay tech scene in May. Here are some quick highlights:
- Move: ID.me, a Virginia-based digital identity verification company, will be bringing 500 new jobs to the Tampa area when it sets up its second office there.
- Acquisition: AMN Healthcare acquired Synzi, a St. Petersburg-based telehealth startup, in a $42 million cash deal.
- Partnership: Wellness tech company Peerfit has now partnered with YMCA of the USA. Peerfit’s members use credits to reserve gym time and take fitness classes, and now those credits will be valid at local YMCAs, too. Tampa-based Peerfit raised $10 million in 2020.
- IPO: AgileThought, a software and tech consulting firm, will go public in a SPAC deal with LIV Capital Acquisition Corp. The combined deal will have a value of approximately $482 million.
- Seed money: Tampa Bay Ventures will bolster the rising Tampa startup ecosystem with a brand new $20 million seed fund.
The Tampa train is moving fast. Jump on board by checking out our collection of Top Startups and Companies in Tampa.