Is entrepreneurship more about the idea or the execution?
If you ask Angie Stocklin, it’s all about the execution. Which is exactly what she and the team at One Click Ventures did for over a decade before selling to Foster Grant in 2018.
In today’s show, we sit down with Angie to talk about her journey with One Click and how she has continued giving back to the entrepreneurial community and sculpted a newfound identity since their exit.
Angie Stocklin was the COO and Co-Founder at OneClick, a company located in Greenwood, Indiana that owned 3 different eyewear brands. After OneClick was acquired by Foster Grant in 2018, Angie has become an Angel Investor, a columnist for the Indianapolis Business Journal, and an Entrepreneurship and Innovation lecturer at Purdue University.
Be sure to check out these great clips from the show:
- [2:05] Finding a niche and running with it
- [16:35] Angie reflects on the lack of separation between life and work
- [17:32] Advice for founders after selling a business
- [28:07] The importance of brand building and customer support
- [37:55] Insights into Angie’s approach to angel investing
- [47:59] Execution vs Idea
In our conversation with Angie, you will learn about:
- Resilience and Curiosity: Angie emphasized the importance of resilience and curiosity in entrepreneurship. She believes these traits, while innate in some, can be cultivated through experiences and challenges.
- Community Connection: Angie emphasized the importance of connecting with your community as an entrepreneur. She encourages entrepreneurs to reach out and connect with others for support and learning.
- The Identity Crisis Post-Entrepreneurship: Angie opened up about the struggle of finding her identity post-One Click. Her advice to other founders? Take time to reflect and explore different options before diving into the next venture.
Want to listen to this episode on your chosen app? Click here.
You can stream by clicking here.
If you like this episode, please subscribe and leave us a review on Apple Podcasts. You can also follow us on Spotify. We have an incredible lineup of interviews we’ll be releasing every Wednesday here on Get IN.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
Companies and organizations:
- One Click
- Purdue University
- felix + iris
- Foster Grant
- Tomorrow Bookstore
- The Patachou Foundation
- Cafe Patachou
- Angie Stocklin
- Randy Stocklin
- Geoff Zentz
- Scott Hill
- Tim Klausmeier
- Darrian Mikell
- Devyn Mikell
- Connor Hitchcock
- Christa Hitchcock
- Andy Medley
- Gerry Hays
- Jake Budler
- Julia Breakey
- Nate Spangle
- Matt Hunckler
Subscribe to Get IN.
To subscribe to the Get IN. podcast, please use the links below:
If you have a chance, please leave an honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking on Apple Podcasts incredibly! Thank you so much!
Want to get connected with other leaders in the Powderkeg community?
Are you interested in joining the only private membership network focused on supporting tech companies and executives in communities beyond Silicon Valley? Apply for Powderkeg Premium Membership today.
Interested in starting your own Podcast?
Casted is THE first and only podcast and video marketing platform made SPECIFICALLY for B2B brands. The platform makes it possible to publish, syndicate, amplify, and measure the value of your podcast and video content And if you’re a startup, Casted offers their for Startups program that might be for you — offering exclusive deep discounts of up to 82% off retail price for qualifying startups. Connect with Casted at Casted.us/powderkeg.