Facility Design Sr. Consultant
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the activities of designated facility design projects to ensure project deliverables are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Consults with clients and internal resources to define problems/opportunities and provide appropriate recommendations for possible solutions.
- Confers with project staff across multiple projects to outline work plans and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Builds consensus among multiple project leads relative to project scope, task execution, staffing, and issue resolution.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Interacts with project sponsors, stakeholders, and various project members to ensure that specified business needs are met; Assists in the post-implementation analysis to ensure that the requirements are fulfilled.
- Actively completes training activities to driver further enhancements and adoption of enVista’s technologies and processes.
- Supports the creation of project documentation including integration plans, analysis and design documents, status reports, and meeting minutes.
- Supports the distribution of client and strategic partner communication related to assigned projects.
- Resolves project issues, mitigates risks, and manages scope change requests; Ensures completion of project deliverables in a timely manner; escalates issues when necessary
- Prepares, maintains and proactively manages the project communication plan to the stakeholders and keeps track of project communication materials
- Performs related duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
A four-year college degree or equivalent is required. A BS in engineering or supply chain field is preferred, though training in other vocations (business, computer science, etc.) with relevant experience will be considered. Previous experience managing complex facility design projects is required.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience managing complex facility design projects within cross-functional project teams; Experience supporting project management activities, including the ability to deliver a high-quality design solution within budgeted time.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and creative problem-solving techniques in a highly-complex environment using leading-edge technology
- Distribution center design experience required, and must be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of warehousing and supply chain fundamentals as well as supporting equipment and technologies; Ability to maintain awareness of technology directions, trends, and strategic business impact on key client initiatives
- Outstanding ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; Ability to clearly/concisely communicate with clients, associates, management, and general stakeholders; Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills; Ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and establishes understanding for technical and non-technical audiences
- Assists in executing project hand-offs by ensuring that activities, expectations, and client responsibilities are transitioned to respective teams
- Ability to establish solid relationships with clients in support of initiatives; Ability to negotiate and manage outside vendors and strategic partners against deliverables
- Lean and/or Six-Sigma experience is desirable
- Strong analytic abilities required to turn mass data into project insights; Expert-level skills required with Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, Power Point and AutoCAD; Must have working knowledge of relational database, such as MS Access or SQL
- Willing to travel to client sites, at times up to 50% over an extended duration
- Drawing – AutoCAD
- Data – Access, SQL
- MS Office – Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, Word