The Product Manager acts as a subject matter expert in Freight Audit and more specifically in enVista’s MyShipInfo (MSI) solution. This role strategically drives the development, market launch, and continual support and improvement of enVista’s MSI product as well as future offerings. The Product Manager is strategically focused and typically involved in product marketing, supporting product sales, obtaining win/loss information and conducting win/loss analysis, customer care, and an expert on the product and customers. The Product Manager focuses on long-term strategy, product vision, observing market trends and the identification of new opportunities, and supporting the sales/adoption of the product.
What you will do:
- Work with enVista leadership to develop product requirements and roadmaps consistent with company vision
- Be the expert on the product and customer
- Work with Customer Support and Operations to review customer issues about product functionality
- Work with enVista operations as well as customers to understand business challenges; work with team to resolve those problems
- Work with enVista leadership, internal operations, customers, as well as the market to identify solution opportunities and establish roadmaps
- Incorporate feedback from customers, partners and internal teams to identify ways to expand product market reach
- Communicate roadmaps; internal/external
- Establish feature acceptance criteria
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly, on schedule, and with a high degree of quality
- Provide support in answering RFPs, functionality questions, and work to ensure successful deal win rates
- Analyze growth rate, SWOT, market penetration and competitive analysis for the products
- Participate in user conferences, industry events, and customer facing situations as a product expert
- Be the enVista MSI Product Evangelist
- Support the development of product collateral for sales enablement
- Conduct analyst briefings and inquiries regarding enVista MSI solutions
- Communicate/clarifies functional design to Product Development.
- Applies and communicates industry knowledge and best practices.
- Conducts requirements analysis and coordinates with enVista team members to ensure cohesive portfolio design.
- Evaluates and responds to gaps identified regarding best practices and suitability of enhancements for base product.
- Facilitates iterative improvement of design with development leadership.
- Participates in Support Services initiated issue resolution.
- Partners with the Transportation Advisory Board Chair to manage the activities of the group.
- Provides inputs and requirements of UI/UX design and standards.
- Pursues opportunities to solicit customer feedback on product functionality and knowledge of their “day in the life” process.
- Oversee the product backlog, ensuring priorities are correct
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Proven experience with Freight Audit software, relevant business experience or as a Product Manager
- Ability to prioritize work and manage changing priorities
- Ability to achieve goals in an innovative environment and to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Proficiency with team collaboration and defect / issue / service request management tools, such as JIRA
- Creative/Strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to think critically, thoroughly and analytically when resolving complex problems
- Must enjoy spending time with customers so as to understand their challenges
- Travel 50% Potential (Depending on customer engagement and sales support)
- Cross Location Team Coordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)