One of the most innovative spaces in tech right now is human resources, so we’re bringing together the ultimate event for some of the most fascinating HR Tech.
And it’s all converging in downtown Indianapolis on Thursday, June 20 at 5:00 PM at INDUSTRY.
Grab your ticket today if you want to:
- Learn about some of the most innovative HR tech startups in the Midwest
- Connect with 20+ tech-focused orgs powering our growing tech community
- Be the first to find out the finalists for the 2019 Indiana Tech Culture Awards
Space is limited, but early-bird tickets are available for the first 150 who register. Get the details below and RSVP while tickets last.
Here’s what to expect:
1.) PITCH NIGHT, SHARK-TANK STYLE
Now’s your opportunity to catch 3 exciting tech companies in the Midwest focused on talent. Each startup will have just 5 minutes on stage to pitch their startup—no exceptions. It’s sort of like the hit TV show Shark Tank, but without the ego and showbiz.
The exponential increase in computing power has opened up limitless new ways for teams and professionals to succeed. But only for those who get ahead of these trends. For example:
- 70% of the global workforce works remotely at least one day a week
- Nearly 40% of the US workforce is part of the freelance or gig economy
- And for the first time, top job candidates are choosing a company’s culture and mission over higher compensation.
This lineup of hand-selected startups will give you an inside look into the innovation happening in the HR space.
We want to give a HUGE thanks to our partners who teamed up with us to bring you the very best at Powderkeg Pitch Night: The Future of Work.
2) POWERFUL PRESENTATIONS FROM HR TECH STARTUPS
We’ve brought together a top lineup of local founders and leaders. Each will have 5 minutes to pitch their company in a fast-paced presentation to our panel of advisors.
Springbuk, a health analytics software solution that uses aggregated medical and pharmacy data, is used by more than 2,000 employers. The company’s health intelligence platform unifies medical claims, pharmacy, biometric and activity data. Springbuk is one of the Top Places to Work list in Indianapolis in 2019.
Located in Cincinnati, OH, tilr is using an algorithm that matches on skills – helping employers match with candidates. tilr handles the logistics, customer service, administrative, manufacturing, and hospitality sectors.
Powderkeg helps you connect with a job you love. The company’s new recruitment marketing platform helps employers attract the right culture fit for their next hire. Join thousands of top professionals in the Powderkeg community to get connected with the hottest tech companies between the coasts.
3.) ADVICE FROM INDUSTRY EXPERTS
Each presenter will have 5 minutes of Q&A from our panel of investors and entrepreneurs after each pitch, when you’ll get to learn exactly how investors think and how the founders respond on the fly. Our “sharks” bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives, which is sure to make for interesting questions and discussion…
Mimi has diverse leadership experience across product development, services, and business operations. She’s had the privilege, in all these roles, to innovate and create significant change. Starting her career at Interactive Intelligence, she has advanced her roles to where she is now with Genesys.
Phil manages the Kelley School’s portfolio of graduate and undergraduate programs delivered from its Indianapolis campus. He also oversees innovation, outreach, economic development, and fundraising. He’s a native of Nashville, Tennessee, loves SEC college football, golf, and country music.
In her current role, Nicole enjoys working with entrepreneurs to get a clearer view of their financial and operational environments. She helps dig into data, shaping it into scenarios that guide intelligent decisions. She has two amazing daughters who fill her life outside of work with adventure!
4.) GET PLUGGED IN
Come connect with the Powderkeg community to get face-to-face with the newest technology and most talented innovators. Who knows—you just might meet your next employer, investor, partner, or even co-founder (you wouldn’t be the first).
- Springbuk – A health analytics software solution that uses aggregated medical and pharmacy data.
- tilr – By using an algorithm that matches on skills, tilr gives companies access to a larger pool of talent, ready to work.
- mAccounting – Provides outsourced accounting and CFO services to small and mid-sized companies.
- Genesys –Powering the world’s best customer experiences, across every channel, on-premise and in the cloud.
- Witkemper Insurance –Independent insurance and financial services brokerage, representing over 40 national insurance and financial service companies across the United States.
- Greenlight Guru – A modern quality management software platform built exclusively for the unique needs of the medical device industry.
- DriverReach – Our industry leading, modern, mobile-friendly DOT application is super easy to complete so more drivers convert, helping you tackle the driver shortage head on.
- IU Kelley School of Business – Based in Bloomington and Indianapolis, the IU Kelley School of Business offers a top-ranked business education with a global impact
- Metonymy Media – An agency of creative writers offering comprehensive copywriting and editing services, effective content marketing strategies, and educational writing workshops to businesses and organizations with a story to tell.
- Covideo –A video email software company helping customers stand out in the e-mail inbox with video
- DemandJump – A customer acquisition platform that unifies cross-channel digital marketing data to show the entire customer journey.
- WorkHere – WorkHere helps workers find better jobs closer to home through our chat enabled, mobile and social app.
- SourceCon– Sharing knowledge within the recruiting and sourcing industry. Secrets and competitive differences are put aside and a community of sharing and welcoming new ideas and insights develops.
- IndyAWS – An Indy meetup group that talks about the state of the Amazon Web Services ecosystem, review all of the new announcements each month and present AWS Cloud best practices
- Agile Marketing Indy – An organization that seeks to encourage conversation around the integration of Agile fundamentals into the marketing workflow.
- Women & Hi Tech –An organization that exists to change the landscape of women represented in STEM to be equally inclusive to all.
- Pride IN Tech – A professional networking group for the LGBTQ+ community to make connections in the Indianapolis tech scene.
- Women Who Code – Started as a community group in 2011 when a handful of technologists decided they wanted to change the industry experience for women engineers. Since then, it has become a global non-profit organization and the world’s largest and most active community dedicated to inspiring women to excel in technology careers. One city at a time, Women Who Code spread around the world, reaching more than 20 countries.
- Indy SaaS – We’re coming together to discuss our biggest success, epic failures and trending topics in the SaaS world!
- IndyPy – A leading national group promoting the Python programming language and connecting the Python community.
(More exhibitors to be announced next week!)
5.) BE THE FIRST TO FIND OUT
Gerry Dick will help us in announcing the finalists for the 2019 Tech Culture Awards! A native Hoosier, Gerry Dick has extensive experience in the media industry. As owner of Grown INdiana Media Ventures, and Creator/Host of Inside INdiana Business, he has been deep in the tech industry. Prior to Inside INdiana Business, he served as Sr. VP of the IEDC broad range of initiatives, including marketing, communications, advertising and media relations. Gerry, his wife, Roz, and three children reside in Indianapolis.
The companies that are listed as finalists, they get it, and they’re hiring! It’s a brave new world for our tech workforce, and especially so for the recruiters and hiring managers positioned to capitalize on these trends. You’ll be able to celebrate with the nominated teams and build important connections that could lead to your next opportunity…
YOUR HOST FOR THE EVENING
We’ll keep things moving to give you plenty of time to connect. For this special event, we’re bringing back a seasoned entrepreneur and tech leader to host our journey into The Future of Work.
Kevin is the CMO and Co-Founder at Powderkeg, helping with our national expansion and data initiatives. Formerly, Kevin was President of Slingshot SEO and the Adjunct Professor of Digital Marketing at the Indiana University Kelley School of Business. While Kevin was President of Slingshot SEO, the company bootstrapped to $11 million in annual revenue in five years and was a three-time winner of the Inc. 500 and Best Places to Work in Indiana awards.
As always, there will be plenty of time to connect with the community. Here’s the agenda:
- 5:00 PM — Doors Open: General Networking
- 6:00 PM — Pitches from 3 fast-growing Midwest companies, hear about the Top 10 Companies based on the Tech Census
- 7:00 PM — General networking and Open House at INDUSTRY
- 8:00 PM — Go out and celebrate
Local Food and Drink
Think we would let you go hungry? No way! We got you. Get your fill from our great local partners at Nameless Catering and their tasty eats. We are going to have access to the INDUSTRY’s fully stocked bar!
MADE POSSIBLE BY OUR AMAZING PARTNERS