Location: New York, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time
_At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments,
elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to
redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience. _
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together
through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first
dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an
experience people look forward to.
As a key member of the Leadership team, the Director, Procurement reports to
the Chief Operating Officer and assumes leadership responsibility for the
Commercial organization tasked with the sourcing and purchasing of all
products and services for our Studios.
- Leadership responsibility for the Commercial organization tasked with the sourcing and purchasing of all products and services for our studios.
- Improve, automate, standardize, simplify and manage Tend’s buying and settlement processes.
- Provide leadership and coaching on Strategic Sourcing, Buying Operations, Commercial Systems and formulary and supply quality.
- High level of ownership of the negotiation and contracting with Tend suppliers to establish best pricing and programs, including securing volume rebates as well as capacity and service levels in line with the needs and commitments of the business.
- Apply a wide range of sourcing tools to select and allocate business to suppliers and service providers.
- Track, monitor and drive key supplier performance indicators across cost, service and quality and put corrective actions in place, when needed.
- Manage inventory dollar levels, in collaboration with key Regional and Clinical leaders, to achieve optimum service level and cash flows.
Scope of Role:
- Drive expense control and reduction through effective product and services sourcing management, negotiations, inventory control, etc.
- Ensure high levels of supplier performance through active management of KPIs of vendor partners.
- Collaborate on the creation of Tend’s shared Commercial services function in partnership with Executive Leadership at Tend.
Key Functional Competencies:
- Commercial Finance
- Stakeholder and business partnering
- Commercial governance & ethics
- Supplier relationship management
- Commercial Operational Excellence
- Bachelor’s Degree; Masters degree preferred
- Field of Study: Business Administration, Finance/Accounting or related field.
- 10+ years experience in professional procurement including processes, operational planning, governance, systems, training program and reporting capability to optimize financial and operational excellence.
- Minimum of 5 years of procurement managerial and transformation work; experience with procurement software suite offerings; including cloud/web based workflows, vendor catalog; e-procurement, spend management, purchase order generation, electronic requisition and inventory management
- Preferred healthcare background with two years in purchasing, healthcare administration, customer service or a closely related field.
- Embodies and demonstrates the Tend values and principles in behaviors and actions.
- Develops talent & builds high performing teams.
- Thinks and acts strategically.
- Fosters innovation, speed and agility.
- Ensures focused effort drives outcomes
The Tend difference:
Tend is a place where dentistry is transformed into the empowering, human, and
joyful experience it should be—for your patients, and for you.
The highest standard of care - Our providers always adhere to ADA guidelines
Outcomes over quotas - We respect provider autonomy and put patient needs
Beautiful dental studios - Our award-winning spaces are designed to soothe and
An infusion of hospitality - We want your patients to look forward to seeing
Warm, collaborative culture - We’re an inclusive, curious team that’s driven
Career development - We provide in-person mentorship and free, world-class
High-tech environment - Our dental studios are equipped with cutting-edge
Top-notch compensation package - We offer best-in-class base pay and
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are
respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are
valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.