Location: Nashville Hub
Employment Type: Full-Time
Do you have experience as Corporate Counsel in the Healthcare industry? Are
you ready to work for a fun, industry disruptor where you will actually
contribute to the success of the Company and to our patients’ lives? We are
looking for a dedicated Sr. Corporate Counsel like you to be a part of the
At Tend, we’re combining top-notch care with soothing and safe environments,
elevated hospitality, consumer-grade technology, and curated products to
redefine going to the dentist as a whole-you wellness experience.
Reimagining dentistry takes a unique and diverse team, all working together
through commitment, collaboration, and creativity to create the world’s first
dental wellness experience. Join the team that makes going to the dentist an
experience people look forward to.
As a key member of the Tend team, the Senior Corporate Counsel will report to
the Vice President of Finance/Controller and will lead and collaborate with
key stakeholders to monitor and implement corporate compliance initiatives.
The position will be responsible for all aspects of contract management, state
and local licensure and corporate regulatory compliance.
- Lead, manage and maintain the Company’s corporate contracting policy; including but not limited to the following: Manage and Maintain contract database including monitoring of renewals, ensure all required NDA’s and BAA’s are in place where applicable, provide legal support for vendor contracts to be entered into between any supplier of products, equipment, services, and/or computer software and Tend and Tend Affiliates, draft agreements and templates; coordinate with the internal business clients to ensure proper legal documents are used; review edits proposed by other contracting parties; negotiate with other parties to arrive at mutually acceptable language; and assist business clients in finalizing documents for signatures, provide legal guidance on contract interpretation and other legal issues related to group purchasing and healthcare supply chain operations.
- Help establish and implement corporate legal policies and procedures
- Provide legal guidance on compliance with various healthcare laws and regulations, especially the Anti-kickback laws and regulations, the Discount Safe Harbor, and the GPO Safe Harbor.
- Ensure the Company and Affiliates are compliant with all state and local licenses, certifications and tax registrations
- Partner with business owners and key stakeholders to ensure processes are enhanced or implemented to effectively address compliance requirements.
- Manage third party counsel relationships Maintain an in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise of federal and state regulatory requirements
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and subject matter expertise of federal and state regulatory requirements related to clinical licensure; clinical practice; equipment guidelines, OSHA, ADA regulations and other regulatory agency requirements for operating dental offices in multi-state landscapes.
- Coordinate with business, legal and regulatory partners to identify potential regulatory opportunities
- Provide support and oversight for new and ongoing business initiatives to ensure compliant process development.
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Keep current on legislation, laws and legal trends potentially affecting the Company, or business
- Conduct legal research on various topics including contractual provisions
Key Functional Competencies:
- Independent handling of legal review of agreements.
- Review of supplier agreements.
- Knowledge of purchasing agreements with manufacturers and distributors (including med/surg and pharmaceutical manufacturers, wholesalers and/or compounders)
- Proven ability to manage simultaneously a high volume of legal projects and a wide variety of legal issues required.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills working management, with internal clients and external parties required.
- Understanding of HIPAA regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree; Masters degree preferred
- Member of the TN Bar, ability to be waived into the TN Bar, or willing to take the TN Bar exam
- Contracting experience required
- 5+ years experience in compliance for a healthcare organization
- Embodies and demonstrates the Tend values and principles in behaviors and actions.
- Develops talent & builds high performing teams.
- Thinks and acts strategically.
- Fosters innovation, speed and agility.
- Ensures focused effort drives outcomes
The Tend difference:
Tend is a place where dentistry is transformed into the empowering, human, and
joyful experience it should be—for your patients, and for you.
The highest standard of care - Our providers always adhere to ADA guidelines
Outcomes over quotas - We respect provider autonomy and put patient needs
Beautiful dental studios - Our award-winning spaces are designed to soothe and
An infusion of hospitality - We want your patients to look forward to seeing
Warm, collaborative culture - We’re an inclusive, curious team that’s driven
Career development - We provide in-person mentorship and free, world-class
High-tech environment - Our dental studios are equipped with cutting-edge
Top-notch compensation package - We offer best-in-class base pay and
Tend is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Tend is committed to promoting a work environment in which differences are
respected, employees are treated fairly, and individual contributions are
valued and rewarded. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.