Location: New York, New York
Employment Type: Regular
Hinge is hiring a CFO to help drive Hinge’s growth. Directly reporting to the
CEO, you will set the high-level company goals and work with department heads
to develop strategies to achieve them. You will run our monthly forecasting
process which provides Hinge and Match Group with key trends, insights,
opportunities and risks associated with Hinge’s long term plan. This role is a
true company leader serving on Hinge’s Leadership team, as well as leading two
of their own teams (Forecasting and Strategy).
What You'll Do
- **Strategy. **Work alongside the CEO to evolve our multi-year strategy to achieve Hinge’s vision. Provide a continuous POV on how Hinge is progressing and where we should invest or pivot.
- **Goal Setting. **Help fellow leadership members and department leads set goals that are measurable, aggressive, and align with company strategy. Provide analytical support to size opportunities that are consistent with these goals.
- Forecasting. Own Hinge’s forecast process which holds Hinge accountable for long term financial success and reflects near-term projections for product and marketing releases.
- **Metrics. **Define, monitor, and analyze Hinge’s financial and operational metrics. Be the first to know when a trend is emerging and the trustworthy voice to explain why.
- Match Group IR. Be a point person for Match Group leadership to understand trends in Hinge’s business. Support the creation of board materials and other deliverables that feature Hinge’s financials.
- Business Operations. Run efficient processes for legal, AP, expenses and other core operational functions that are supported by Match Group. ** **
What We're Looking For
- **Background in Financial Planning, Analysis and/or Strategy. **10+ years experience in finance-related positions. MBA preferred, but not required.
- Relationship Builder. Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships and being a trusted advisor at all levels of a business.
- Culture Enthusiast. Active participant in developing team cultures. You care deeply about company culture and are aligned with our values of authenticity, courage, and empathy.
- Clear Communicator. Balance of business acumen, high emotional intelligence, and strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Consumer Tech or Subscription Products: Experience with fast-scaling tech, specifically subscription revenue products is a plus.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world,
singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that
they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge
is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience.
On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique
conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile.
And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in
the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability