Location: New York, New York
Employment Type: Regular
Hinge is hiring a Head of People to lead the department that supports our most
important asset: our people. Reporting to the CEO, you will partner closely
with Hinge’s leadership team and Match Group’s HR team to manage people-
related programs including Talent Acquisition, HR/People Operations, Employee
Engagement, Learning & Development, and Diversity and Inclusion. Modeling our
values of Authenticity, Courage, and Empathy, you will build strategies and
processes to attract and retain the very best talent and ensure a best-in-
class employee experience.
What You'll Do
- Leadership of Team & People: Build, develop, and lead a world-class people team that is accountable, operates with urgency and empathy, and is motivated by data.
- Employee Experience: Oversee employee experience programming and engagement surveying; action surveys to meaningfully improve the employee experience; keep a finger on the pulse of the employee experience as we scale.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Foster a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace that gives employees a sense of true belonging and helps them maximize their potential to contribute.
- Learning & Development: Manage learning and development programs to align with Hinge strategies, with an emphasis on growing manager capabilities that align with the growth of the business. Partner with leaders and managers to ensure Hinge principles are taught, encouraged, rewarded, and lived out each day; develop and deploy innovative strategies to protect and improve our unique company culture.
- Talent Acquisition: Support the talent acquisition function; empower our teams to hire the people we need to meet our business goals; continuously improve our hiring processes and employer brand. Enable an outstanding new hire experience through onboarding programming that improves readiness, alignment and motivation.
- HR Operations: Oversee the people operations and human resources function; coordinate with Match Group and Hinge to optimize key human resources processes, including performance management, total rewards, leveling and benefits.
- HR Business Partnership: Own employee relations questions and concerns; be accountable for resolutions that live up to our principles.
- Labor Law Compliance: Partner with Match Group to ensure compliance with company policies as well as federal, state, and city legal requirements throughout all people processes, programs, and communications.
What We're Looking For
- Consumer Tech: Experience leading the human resources function for fast-scaling consumer technology businesses working with highly demanding employees in highly competitive talent markets.
- FullStack HR/People Experience: Dialed into details on programs that matter, like performance management, compensation and talent acquisition. Demonstrated ability to synthesize data to identify themes and develop data-driven solutions to address challenges.
- Leads with Heart: Shining example of Hinge’s core values – authenticity, courage and empathy; strong understanding of how to build and sustain healthy company culture with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Relationship Builder: Successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships and being a trusted advisor at all levels of a business; balance of business acumen, high emotional intelligence, and strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Scalable Systems: Track record of building the people systems and structures needed to support periods of ambitious scale/growth
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world,
singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that
they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge
is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience.
On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique
conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile.
And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in
the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability