Location: West Hollywood, California
Employment Type: Regular
Match Group, and its Tinder brand, brings people together. With tens of
millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, and a presence in every
country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. We are seeking a
motivated and talented attorney to join the Tinder Legal Team. This position
will provide day-to-day legal support to our Tinder brand and may be hybrid or
located in-office, based at Tinder in West Hollywood.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will draft, revise and negotiate various commercial agreements, including SaaS, technology, payments, analytics, research, licensing, development, product integration, and other general vendor and operations agreements.
- You will build trusted cross-functional relationships with and provide practical and solution-oriented day-to-day commercial legal advice and product counsel to Tinder’s product, design and engineering teams from initial stages of product development through launch and commercialization.
- You will develop a deep understanding of Tinder’s technology and tech stacks and provide practical and innovative counsel to support feature and product launches along with the engagement and implementation of key vendors.
- You will advise and manage workflow process improvement, playbook development, client training, and template use to address the evolving needs of a growing organization.
- You will assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance, and contract approval, along with helping with implementing compliance obligations across the board and providing litigation support as needed.
- You will work with internal counsel to establish, maintain and protect Match Group’s global trademark and general IP portfolio.
We could be a match if:
- You have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in California.
- You have a minimum 4 years’ experience, with top law firm and in-house legal department experience preferred.
- You have strong fact-finding, drafting, negotiating, writing and research skills.
- You have experience with drafting and negotiating a range of commercial contracts, including SaaS and other tech contracts.
- You have excellent business communication and analytical skills, as well as an impeccable attention to detail and strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and have a natural ease in working cross-functionally as a practical-minded legal partner to business teams.
- You are deeply curious, have a positive attitude, sense of humor, and professional ease in working collaboratively with other members of the Business Affairs and Legal Department and Brand teams.
- Candidates with strong commercial contracts experience but less product counseling experience are still highly encouraged to apply; this is a great opportunity to learn deeper product counseling on the job.
What's the team like?
- This position will be based in West Hollywood at Tinder’s offices.
- The Corporate Counsels who succeed on this team are strategic thinkers who thrive in new situations and can simultaneously manage multiple demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
- The team members come from a diverse set of legal backgrounds and are self-described as collegial, friendly, upbeat, fun, and hard-working.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all
around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match,
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid
concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program,
access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an
annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service
discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia
with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it,
and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our
community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse
environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a
voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives,
ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together
across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where
we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity,
disability, or other lived experience.