Location: Palo Alto, California
Employment Type: Regular
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
Discovery team aims to build innovative experiences and personalized content that makes matching with people on Tinder Simple, Fun, and Efficient. As an engineering manager working on Tinder’s Discovery Backend team, you will architect platforms that allow product teams to streamline onboard new entertaining and interactive experiences to Tinder App, build the server driven content control, delivery, and experimentation platform that powers personalized content in recs’ profile. You will also work with the ML team to define the image optimization strategy and build pipeline to help tinder users optimize their profile photos.
You will have tons of responsibility, freedom, and opportunity to have a direct and immediate impact on exploring new ideas to drive user satisfaction and company growth. You will help Tinder to evolve relentlessly through rapid iterations on product features, user growth, engagement, and personalization strategy. We would love to talk to you if you are interested in helping Tinder users achieve stronger matches, engage more effectively, and create more love, at a truly global scale.
By applying to this role you will be considered for all Backend roles currently available in our LA, Palo Alto and San Francisco offices.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.