Location: San Francisco, California
Employment Type: Regular
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of
millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day
and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly
growing. You can change the world with the work that you do here. We're
seeking an HR Business Partner to join our People team. The ideal candidate
should be an HR professional who's ambitious, has excellent judgment, and is
eager to get things done. If you’re passionate about employee experience and
thrive in a vibrant environment, this is the ideal role for you!
In this role you will:
- Be a key resource for employees, providing support and direction about employment issues, benefits, leaves, and company policies.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee inquiries, handling initial intake and directing people to appropriate parties for fast and effective resolution.
- Provide day-to-day mentorship and coaching to develop leaders at all levels throughout the organization; maintain a high bar for what we value, leadership principles, and overall workplace behavior.
- Support the launch and ongoing delivery of performance management programs.
- Facilitate the off-boarding process and conduct exit interviews.
- Partner with our Talent Acquisition team and department leaders to facilitate organizational planning and identify headcount needs.
- Coordinate with our Talent Management/Learning & Development team to review People Survey results and support leaders in the implementation and communication of action plans.
- Provide day-to-day counsel on matters concerning employee relations.
- Support and partner with recruiters to provide a quality experience to candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Help employees to fully understand their benefits, and provide support to the Benefits Manager throughout compliance and reporting.
- Administer leaves of absence, counseling employees about their leave options and guiding managers through employee leaves; initiate the interactive process for employees requesting disability accommodations.
- Keep apprised of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance; formulate recommendations for FLSA compliance; partner with an immigration associate for smooth processing of employee visa applications.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of HR experience at a tech start-up or rapidly scaling company, with some experience providing consultative business partnering.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with core HR domains, including performance management, organizational design, talent management, compensation, employee relations and compliance.
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality with employee information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on customer service.
- Interest and experience working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment.
- Track record of establishing effective working relationships and comfortable working with remote teams.
- Highly experienced with Google Suite and high level proficiency in MS Office Suite; familiarity with various HR systems (Workday, Lever, etc.).
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all
around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match,
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid
concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program,
access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an
annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service
discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia
with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it,
and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our
community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse
environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a
voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives,
ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together
across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where
we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity,
disability, or other lived experience.