Location: New York, New York
Employment Type: Regular
The Legal Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Senior Manager,
Legal. We’re based in Dallas, TX with offices in Dallas, New York City and
Los Angeles. We’re open to considering a remote office for highly qualified
candidates who can travel periodically to one of our office locations (when
safe to do so).
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of
dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands includes Tinder,
Match, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, as well as a number of other brands, each
designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful
How you'll make an impact:
- You will analyze, assess, prioritize and respond to a variety of sensitive requests, including those from law enforcement and government agencies, subpoenas and search warrants, all within specified SLAs.
- You will represent Match Group and its brands in clearly responding to legal process and policy questions from law enforcement, governmental agencies, and internal parties, both in writing and over the phone.
- You will monitor legal inboxes for law enforcement and other inquiries and manage accordingly.
- You will preserve account details from escalations for various Match Group brands.
- You’ll exhibit operational excellence as part of a team handling a large volume of incoming requests.
- You’ll work with cross-functional teams, including brands, trust & safety, privacy and litigation, in your response work and to identify improvements to standards and processes.
- You’ll evaluate and respond to law enforcement requests in a manner consistent with the privacy and security of business and user information, in accordance with the law and Match Group's various policies and procedures.
- You will analyze and solve basic challenges and utilize internal networks when needed. You’ll be prepared to propose solutions for supervisory approval.
We could be a match if:
- You have at least three (3) years of high-volume legal and/or customer care support experience dealing with escalations, content moderation, litigation, safety and/or criminal issues, among others.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and/or law office experience (a strong plus).
- You have strong research and writing skills and excellent attention to detail. A writing sample will be required as part of the interview process.
- You are comfortable learning and working with various software and technology (Salesforce, Jira, PC, Mac, MS, Google Suite, online research, etc.).
- You are comfortable interacting with content and fact patterns that may be disturbing, including but not limited to graphic images, videos and writings, offensive or derogatory language, child safety, and other potentially objectionable material.
- You are committed to following Company processes and guidelines to solve problems and can exercise sound judgment within a demanding environment.
- You can easily switch between tasks and effectively manage many projects simultaneously.
- You can work occasional evenings and weekends as exigent cases that are time sensitive may require.
What's the team like?
- The team is very collaborative and resourceful. Team members work autonomously but also together to leverage knowledge and experience when appropriate. The Legal Coordinators who succeed on this team are detail oriented and able to quickly comprehend and respond to large volumes/workloads. They are committed, dependable, energetic, adaptive to change and willing to go above and beyond. They think outside the box and are creative problem-solvers who help the team to improve workflows when appropriate.In addition to lawyers and legal professionals, the team includes members with diverse backgrounds, including customer care and trust & safety.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our
employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus
together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we
require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or
company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine
requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations
_We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich
dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability,
marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual
harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran
status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.