Employment Type: Regular
Hinge has grown tremendously over the past few years, and our team has tripled
in size since the start of the pandemic. In recent years Hinge has been the
fastest-growing dating app across the United States, United Kingdom, Canada,
and Australia. Last year, 8 of Hinge's top 25 markets were outside the US.
We're excited to bring on an experienced marketer who can drive marketing
efforts in Europe as we scale our product and growth into new, non-English
This role can be based in Berlin or London.
- Report to and collaborate with Sr. Director, Marketing Strategy & Analytics, in development of holistic EU marketing strategy and plan, with specific objectives across different channels to ensure our brand is fresh, exciting, and relevant
- Work with the Director of Brand Strategy to refine our understanding of core customer segments, brand/product positioning, and messaging
- Manage a network of agency partners to develop integrated campaigns (briefing, providing strategic feedback, driving production, managing budgets and timelines)
- Working in partnership with the creative team, develop creative briefs and guide creative direction to meet objectives for advertising and public-facing communications - including print, digital, video, and Influencer assets
- Own marketing plan execution and operations in market - with a blend of support from centralized marketing functions and local agency partners
- Effectively communicate different strategies and plans to external creative agencies and internal stakeholders
- Partner with the internal creative teams and external agencies to plan, manage, and oversee the execution of brand and performance marketing deliverables
- Work closely with the strategy team to gauge changing customer aspirations, to audit the market and provide competitive insight, and continually review and refresh communication strategies to ensure we stay relevant to customers and strengthen our brand equity
What We're Looking For:
- An experienced consumer marketer with direct experience leading highly visible integrated marketing campaigns in European markets (Germany, France, Spain, Italy). Experience in a subscription business is a bonus.
- A global citizen. Someone who understands the nuances of launching a global brand, with meaningful local market insight and execution. This person must be comfortable working with local agency partners in the region.
- A resourceful operator. A creative marketing leader who leverages all of the assets at hand, with an eye toward influencing and re-using the work coming from the central team, and complementing that work with locally-sourced creators, content, partnerships and ideas.
- A deeply collaborative person who enjoys partnering with, learning from, and educating peers as we plot a path toward growth in key international markets.
- A doer. Someone who can courageously plot a path forward and drive execution in-market - and serve as a public spokesperson and brand leader in the market.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world,
singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that
they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge
is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience.
On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique
conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile.
And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in
the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability