Location: Dallas, Texas
Employment Type: Regular
Team: Engineering - Match
As an Operations Engineer - Data Center (SysOps), you will be part of a
diverse team that is responsible for supporting mission-critical hardware and
infrastructure as well as maintaining the day-to-day operations of our Match
and Affinity data centers.
Match and Affinity are two of the longest-tenured bands in the dating
category. Through continued innovations, we are able to deliver a truly
amazing experience to millions of singles that use our platform to find love
and make new connections.
_ This position requires onsite presences in our data centers in
Dallas,TX, and surrounding areas, but also accommodates a hybrid schedule. Day
travel is also required while supporting multiple locations 10% of the
How you’ll make an impact:
- IT / Data Center professional with hands-on experience supporting server hardware, network, and other data center critical infrastructure.
- Build and deploy both physical and virtual servers for production and non-production environments.
- Break-fix and troubleshooting for Server, Network, and Storage hardware
- Able to create and maintain Wiki / Documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently
- Ability to lift 30lbs if necessary
- Reliable for after-hours on-call support, as part of a team rotation
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
We could be a match if:
- You have an Associate's or higher degree.
- You bring at least 7 years of professional relevant in-field experience working onsite at a data center and/or a System Administrator role.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Knowledge of HPE and Lenovo server hardware. Including RAID storage configurations, memory, and chassis expansions and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of scripting language (Powershell, BASH, Python, etc.).
- Managing and scheduling maintenance and configuration changes.
- Strong focus on environment (hardware and/or software) return to service.
- Preferred knowledge of VMware/ESXi.
- Preferred knowledge of HPE Oneview and Lenovo Xclarity.
- Preferred knowledge of data center, power, cabling, and cooling.
- Can articulate thoughts and solutions verbally and written.
- Ability to independently research solutions online and use internal documentation.
- Can complete clearly defined tasks as assigned.
- Must show a willingness to pursue tasks (vs being told what to do).
What’s the team like?:
- You will be directly reporting to a Director of Operations who has been with the Company for 24 years. His management style is non-micro-managing, whose leadership belief is “Leaders unite others”, and leadership philosophy is “we all get to the mountain top together”
- You will be joining a diverse team where self-accountability, responsibility, and collaboration are expected.
- For this team, a successful individual will always be willing to learn, have the ability to craft, and receive positive and constructive feedback.
- This team is all about having fun, joking around, and not taking oneself too seriously.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our
employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus
together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we
require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or
company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine
requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations
_We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich
dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability,
marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual
harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran
status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.