Location: New York, New York
Employment Type: Regular
Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a paralegal to join the Match Group Business
Affairs and Legal team. This position will report to the Vice President &
Associate General Counsel and provide day-to-day legal support to the legal
team supporting our Hinge, OkCupid, Match.com, Plenty of
Fish and Match Affinity brands across the globe with a focus on North America.
Preference will be given to candidates based in either the New York City or
Dallas, Texas areas, however remote highly qualified candidates who are able
to be present periodically in these office locations will also be considered.
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of
dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands is designed to
increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will support strategic Match Group brands’ shared services, marketing, product, compliance and agency response legal initiatives.
- You will prepare initial drafts of legal documents such as amendments and statements of work, releases, sweepstakes and contest rules, talent and influencer agreements, etc. under the supervision of senior team members.
- You’ll preserve and review critical user flows across various Match Group brand platforms.
- You’ll respond to business team legal inquiries and identify and escalate legal issues as necessary.
- You will help to maintain knowledge resources and prepare business training presentations and guides.
- You will research legal issues as requested and provide such additional support as needed.
We could be a match if:
- You have 3+ years of relevant experience in the transactional legal field as a Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Contracts Administrator or related role. Experience with B2C user-facing and technology industries a plus.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree and a Paralegal degree/certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program.
- You are proficient in working with productivity and collaboration tools and software such as DocuSign, Ironclad, Google Workspace and Office Suite.
- You are skilled at creating presentations and/or have experience working with customer service and/or user interface tools.
- You are comfortable analyzing data and working with metrics.
- You have impeccable attention to detail and excellent writing and communication skills.
- You thrive working in a fast-paced environment and maintain a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You are naturally inclined to work collaboratively with members of cross-functional teams and have a positive attitude and sense of humor.
What's the team like?
- The team is very collaborative and resourceful. Team members work autonomously but also together to leverage knowledge and experience when appropriate.
- Paralegals who succeed on this team are committed, dependable, energetic, adaptive to change and willing to go above and beyond. They think outside the box and are creative problem-solvers who help the team to improve workflows when appropriate.
- The team includes members with legal backgrounds and across a range of customer-facing industries, including travel, hospitality, sports, retail, software, music and social networking.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our
employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus
together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we
require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or
company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine
requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations
_We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich
dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability,
marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual
harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran
status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.