Location: Los Angeles, California
Employment Type: Regular
Team: Product Design
We are looking for a Product Designer to join our Match design team.
At Match, we believe there is a better way to date and to meet your match.
This is an opportunity to join a lean team working to make a real impact in
one of the most vital and personal aspects of people's lives.
As a designer on our team, you will use full stack product design skills in
collaboration with Product Managers, analysts, and engineers to create,
validate and implement innovative solutions to the problems of singles looking
to find love in the complex and ever-evolving landscape of dating.
We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to a remote position for a
qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas (when safe to do
How you’ll make an impact:
- You’ll lead projects across the entire product lifecycle. You’ll work with product managers, engineers and other stakeholders to deliver end to end UX solutions
- You will use insights about user needs, motivations, and behaviors to create human-centered solutions that translate into impactful results
- You will work autonomously and have ownership over your work. You will be responsible for the quality of design deliverables
- You will conduct user research, validate concepts with end-users and stakeholders, and turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables
- Collaborate with the rest of the design team to evolve and refine our design system, ensuring visual cohesion and engineering efficiency across all user touch points
- You will use excellent communication skills to share your work with product partners, design peers and leadership
- You will facilitate meetings to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You will work with your design teammates and design leadership to refine the design process and culture
What we're looking for:
- A strong portfolio of product design, showing an excellent sense of UX best practices, typography, layout, and general design principles.
- Experience designing on multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Desktop, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least a couple modern design tools (Figma, Sketch, Framer, Principle, etc.), and an eagerness to learn new ones
- Understanding of mobile/web standards, accessibility and UX best practices
- Self-starter attitude with excitement to work in a fast paced, low ego environment
- Strong time management and prioritization skills Excellent written and verbal skills
- Passionate about emerging technology & design trends, and help other designers understand potential pitfalls and opportunities of design systems
What’s the team like?
- As part of our team, you’ll enjoy the opportunity to work like a tech startup while impacting a global brand with millions of members.
- Be your whole self, we’re not that corporate!
- Flexible hours — We like work/life balance and we understand when stuff comes up.
- You’ll lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and deliver end to end UX solutions.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our
employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus
together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we
require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or
company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine
requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations
_We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich
dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability,
marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual
harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran
status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.