Location: Paris, France
Employment Type: Regular
Hawaya ’s mission is to help Muslim singles seeking a modern way to meet their true life partner. We’re committed to spark meaningful connections based on mutual respect between men and women who want to start a love journey which can blossom into a genuine relationship.
Hawaya was born in 2017 of a simple idea: that today’s Muslims are comfortable using the digital world to solve their problems, but the world of Muslim love and marriage is still very old-fashioned. Modern progressive Muslim women want to be able to find a life partner for themselves, but the typical online dating journey was not compatible with their values.
Since 2019, Hawaya is part of the Match Group, the global leader in dating and matchmaking services, and benefits from the group's technological and marketing expertise of other brands like Tinder, Meetic or Hinge which help us to make even better, while respecting our beliefs, values and culture.
We are always on the lookout for talented people to join and have a positive and lifelong impact on people’s lives but today we are specifically looking for a Senior Backend Engineer.
This is a highly collaborative, central and impactful role where you will be working with different experts to lead Hawaya’s success in becoming a global leader of transforming the way Muslims find their soulmate.
What you will be doing:
- Own the entire development lifecycle from specification to deployment of the product features and monitoring in production
- Ensure quality and timely deliverables
- Developing and implementing new and highly scalable backend applications
- Contribute to product architecture and design to build a robust high performance secure service
- Design and develop product features and contribute to PoCs and ideation for product development and improvement
**Skills that will help you succeed: **
- 5+ years experience in software engineering and at least 3+ years hands-on experience in Java
- Good knowledge of the JVM and common tools like Maven
- Experience in Google Cloud Platform or other cloud technologies/platforms
- Experience with TDD, unit and integration tests (JUnit)
- Strong experience with distributed systems and RESTful services
- Experience in working with relational databases like MySQL & non-relational databases like MongoDB or CouchDB is a big plus
- Good knowledge on building micro services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Good Knowledge of DevOps, continuous development and continuous integration.
- Strong analytical skills and willingness to come up with new and innovative ideas and solutions
- Team player who is able to collaborate in an international team and who can communicate ideas and solutions clearly
- Eagerness to be updated with latest technologies
- Addiction to high standards and solution oriented mindset
**How it looks like working at Hawaya **
As part of a major tech player, you’ll work in an dynamic startup spirit and environment collaborating with teams from diverse backgrounds and making an impact on people’s lives.
Take advantage of our new modern office where everything has been thought of for physical or hybrid work from creative rooms to collaborative spaces and office phone booths or “café”, all in the heart of Paris.
Share moments with your colleagues: over a drink, at the summer party or during team building events.
Operate in an international and multicultural environment where exchanges between brands are frequent and mutually beneficial to grow and learn faster.
Enjoy a 360° view of Paris roofs from our private terraces on the last floor of the building.
Express yourself because in our culture, every voice is heard and every opinion is valued.
Recruitment Process :
A first discussion on the phone with Talent Acquisition Manager
A face-to-face interview in the office with our CTO
A remote video interview with our People Director
An interview with our General Manager
Practical information :
Contract start: As soon as you are ready!
Location: Match Group Paris office shared between Meetic, Tinder, Hawaya & EMEA
Leadership located 53 Rue de Châteaudun 75009 PARIS
Flexible Work From Home policy
Permanent contract “CDI”
Hawaya is an employer that respects equal opportunities and diversity.