Location: New York, New York
Employment Type: Regular
Hinge is looking for an experienced product leader to join as our Senior
Director of Product to drive the mission, vision and overall strategy for our
Core Experience group reporting to the Chief Product Officer.
In this role, you will lead and grow a group of PMs to innovate on the core
features and surfaces that help our users connect with one another. You will
oversee teams across user profiles, user-to-user interaction, discovery,
algorithms, and trust & safety. We are looking for someone with exceptional
creative and analytical skills and a user-centric, consumer products
background to cultivate our Experience strategy, roadmap and continue to drive
outcomes for our users and business. As the leader of this area, you will play
an integral role in defining how users represent themselves, discover and
engage with new potential partners, having a direct impact on the future of
dating across the globe. All of this in pursuit of helping our users find a
relationship worth deleting the app for.
- Coach, manage, and hire a team of high-performing product managers.
- Drive the strategic vision and strategy for Hinge’s Core Member Experience across Profile, Communication and Discovery.
- Own, manage and execute the roadmap for new product innovations and feature optimizations across the entire member journey.
- Accelerate the pace of shipping and learning, while keeping our product quality bar high.
- Partner closely with cross functional stakeholders, including but not limited to Design, Research, Engineering, and Analytics, Marketing and Trust & Safety leaders to build and deliver world-class products
- Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments and decisions across the organization from partner teams to executives.
- Define and advance metrics and analyze test results to inform the success of products and features shipped.
- 10+ years of experience as a Product Manager owning consumer facing products driving strategy, roadmap, metrics and execution.
- 3+ years of experience leading, managing, coaching and developing a team of high-performing product managers.
- Demonstrated track record of product execution and impactful feature delivery with the ability to lead and influence teams.
- Portfolio-oriented product approach for balancing bold, high-upside bets with quick wins.
- Highly technical and capable of wading into the details, but can also drive from 30,000-foot view.
- Data-informed and experiment-driven style to optimize for learning. Ability to adjust direction rapidly, learning what levers are most effective.
- Deep customer empathy and product craft to sweat the Little Big Details.
- Ability to juggle dozens of projects, big and small, while driving relentless product execution.
- Excellent executive presence and resilience to embrace a deep level of engagement from senior leadership, including the CEO, CPO, COO and CTO.
- You are a talent magnet for people who want to collaborate with and work for you.
- Clear written and verbal communication. You clearly communicate product strategy and requirements into specs and roadmaps. You can speak to people at all levels and disciplines within the organization.
- Highly energetic and proactive with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Strong product sense and user empathy with familiarity with platform UI best practices.
- Enjoy making sense of chaos, continuously learning and working with a diverse group of builders, entrepreneurs, creators and all around great people.
- Entrepreneurial at heart, thrive in an ever evolving fast paced start-up environment and your passion is evident in your work.
- Natural ability to make things happen and get stuff done. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, and interdependencies in an organized and structured way.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to communicate effectively, persuade others and influence outcomes.
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail.
- Great sense of humor and positive outlook on life . . . we laugh a lot!
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world,
singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that
they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge
is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience.
On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique
conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile.
And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in
the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability