Location: Dallas, Texas
Employment Type: Regular
Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a motivated and talented Senior Litigation
Paralegal to join the Match Group Business Affairs and Legal team to provide
support with litigation for various dating brands under the Match Group
** Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of
dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands includes Tinder,
Match, OkCupid, Hinge, PlentyOfFish, as well as a number of other brands, each
designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful
How you'll make an impact:
- You will conduct research and investigations to gather facts to assist with demand letters and litigation.
- You will coordinate discovery responses including gathering documents and information, coordinating witnesses for interviews, depositions, trials, etc.
- You will prepare legal holds and track acknowledgements.
- You will work with the IT department and various operation teams to ensure the preservation of electronic and hard copy data.
- You will update and maintain litigation database and files and keep track of calendar litigation deadlines.
- You will assist with trademark and licensing issues, including preparation of cease-and-desist letters and in-house filings.
- You will draft tender letters and tender claims and lawsuits to insurance providers and outside counsel per attorneys’ direction.
- You will act as liaison between operations and counsel regarding operation teams’ legal questions.
- You will prepare small claims lawsuits or defense filings, including filling out claim paperwork, organizing and gathering evidence and advising field on steps needed to pursue.
- You will provide assistance with litigation and arbitration as requested.
- You will assist with legal and factual research, investigations, analysis and preparing employees if subpoenaed for testimony.
We could be a match if:
- You have 7+ years’ experience in a paralegal role (in-house experience preferred).
- Associate degree in paralegal studies or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to draft professional correspondence and superior proof reading skills.
- You have the ability to effectively work in an environment in which you will be exposed to confidential information and documents.
- You are approachable and patient with internal clients; with passion for providing excellent customer service.
- You have an understanding of corporate law and litigation and experience in litigation process.
- You have demonstrated experience using judgment to plan and accomplish goals and resolve routine legal issues.
- You have strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to be assertive and persistent while maintaining a professional manner and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of departments in a diverse environment.
- You are proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, Simple Legal, and Adobe Acrobat.
What's the team like?
- You will report to the SVP, Associate General Counsel of Litigation, IP & Compliance.
- Successful senior paralegals on this team have an ability to handle multiple projects with limited supervision, excellent organization skills and attention to detail, work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and are strong team players with the willingness to take initiative.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our
employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus
together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we
require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or
company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine
requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations
_We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich
dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability,
marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual
harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran
status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.