Location: Los Angeles, California
Employment Type: Regular
The Match Group Safety Team is on a mission to create safer platforms and
communities for all.
As the Sr. Trust & Safety Policies and Standards Manager, you’ll join Match
Group’s growing Safety Team to support safety efforts across a global
portfolio of brands. You’ll work collaboratively with partners and
stakeholders to craft internal and external safety policies and standards to
guide user behavior, inform operational safety processes, and guide moderator
and safety specialist decision-making.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will partner with teammates and brands to develop, refine, and update safety policies and resources
- You will articulate and document clear definitions and standards in partnership with global safety operations, moderation and care teams, and legal on critical safety and content issues
- You will work on policies and projects addressing a wide range of issues including harassment, hate speech, content moderation, impersonation, and “in real life” behavior
- You will analyze existing Match Group and brand-level policies to understand issues and create consistency with industry best practices and company philosophy and business strategy
- You will partner with key stakeholders to manage policy projects such as community guidelines refreshes, user policy education initiatives, and standardized user communications
- You will assist as a global escalation point of contact for policy questions and support proactive internal communications on policy issues
- And you will build and articulate policy strategy and changes to internal stakeholders and maintain policy feedback loops to improve
We may be a match if:
- You have at least 5 years of experience in drafting, implementing and enforcing user safety policies and standards
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have excellent cross-functional project management skills in a fast-paced environment
- You have knowledge of working with both in-house moderation and escalations teams, as well as external partner teams
- You are comfortable navigating ambiguity and working on projects that address difficult and sensitive issues (such as violence, racism, sexuality, etc.)
- You are passionate about safety policy as a subject matter
- You bring cultural awareness, empathy, and a passion for helping people
About this Team:
- This is a newly created position, reporting to the VP - Head of Trust & Safety
- Our major offices are in West Hollywood, Dallas, and New York. Our preference is for people to be in/close to one of our offices and work onsite in a hybrid capacity, but we are willing to consider remote employees who are willing to travel periodically.
- Our Trust & Safety team is very purpose-driven and holds a strong conviction for the safety of our users. This team is more like a family than just co-workers.
- The members of this team are really into Avengers. Really. Which Avenger character do you relate to most?
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness! We love our
employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave for up to 20 weeks
Happy Hours and Company events
At Match Group, we represent a collection of unique brands - but we all focus
together on the health and safety of all of our employees. That's why we
require that employees are fully-vaccinated when in person at any US office or
company-sponsored fun. If you need to talk through this in-person vaccine
requirement, our People team can work with you through our accommodations
_We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value the rich
dynamics that diversity brings to our company. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability,
marital status, age, sexual orientation, sex (including pregnancy and sexual
harassment), gender identity or expression, uniformed service or veteran
status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.