Location: Remote - US
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Technology Operations
Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing
company in the Americas (Financial Times). Our innovative Upgrade Card is the
fastest-growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Upgrade has been named
a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” and received “Best Engineering Team",
"Best Company for Women” and “Best Company for Diversity” awards from
Comparably. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a
meaningful difference in people's lives.
This is a remote position based in the United States.
As a Senior SRE/DevOps Engineer you'll be part of a team that is responsible
for automating build pipelines, CI/CD, monitoring, logging, scripting, and
supporting our Spectrum (Shaw Systems) partnership. This hybrid role will
leverage AWS, automation using Terraform/Ansible, and work with Java-based
What You'll Do:
- Build a resilient, secure, and efficient cloud based platform.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Monitor and troubleshoot platform issues.
- Build and scale the technology infrastructure to meet rapidly increasing demand.
- Manage cross-functional requirements working with various company stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Development and QA to launch new features and services.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years of production-level SRE/DevOps experience.
- Experience with Windows Server 2016-2019.
- In-depth hands-on knowledge of AWS, advanced knowledge of Ansible and Terraform.
- Understanding of Java applications, Tomcat, and Hibernate framework.
- Strong understanding of systems, networks and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience in automated build pipeline, and continuous integration.
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Visual Studio / SQL Server 2016+).
- Knowledge of cloud monitoring, logging and cost management tools.
- Strong programming/scripting knowledge (e.g. PowerShell, Python, Bash, etc.).
- Experience with other IaaT platforms.
- Spectrum (Shaw Systems) experience is a plus.
- Competitive salary and stock option plan.
- 100% paid coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation.
- 401(k) company match program.
- Learning stipend for personal growth and development.
- Paid parental leave.
- Health and wellness initiatives.
Interested in joining Upgrade but don't think this role is for you? Check out
our careers page!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We
do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability