Location: Boston, MA
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users
(Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a
higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help
us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The FDA group designs and builds product features and infrastructure to
empower WHOOP’s core mission. We build cutting edge user interface and
visualization components to notify our members about medical conditions.
As an Android Engineer on the FDA Team you will build features that inform our
members about specific underlying medical conditions detected using state of
the art Machine Learning algorithms and Data Analytics. You will work
alongside product management, design, and fellow engineers to help our members
proactively seek medical help if certain patterns are detected by the ML
- Utilize knowledge of Kotlin and Java to develop and maintain product features and communicate with a RESTful backend
- Drive cross team projects to completion working with other backend, Android, and iOS engineers
- Document new features and architecture
- Work with the backend team to design data contracts
- Analyze and monitor user metrics and feedback to determine crash rate or potential bugs and to improve engagement
- Execute release process including getting the app built, managing build variants, signing, sending and testing through Firebase, and submitting to the Play Store
- Self organize using productivity tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Github
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across Android and external systems
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering native Android apps in a professional environment
- Knowledge of Compose is a plus.
- Experience with Kotlin and Java frameworks such as Koin, Android Jetpack libraries (including ViewModel, LiveData, and Navigation), Room database, and retrofit / okhttp.
- Experience writing Kotlin code using coroutines
- Excellent knowledge of Android Studio, Gradle, CI systems such as Bitrise
- Experience using Git to organize feature work
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend
- Experience using best-practice mobile architecture and modular design, including patterns such as MVVM
- Expert knowledge of Android application structure and components as well as lifecycle and Android Design Guidelines
- Firm belief that automated testing is important and experience writing both Unit and UI tests
- Any previous experience working with medical device software, IEC 62304, or other regulatory organizations is highly desirable.
Find out more about us:
["WHOOP Software Principles" ](https://engineering.whoop.com/2020/08/26/our-
_WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in _ _E-verify
_ to determine employment eligibility
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful
candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston,