Location: Boston, MA
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users
(Olympians, Professional Athletes, Fitness Enthusiasts, etc) to perform at a
higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We are looking to add highly motivated skilled engineers to our team to help
us scale and take our proven system to new heights.
The FDA group designs and builds product features and infrastructure to
empower WHOOP’s core mission. We build cutting edge user interface and
visualization components to notify our members about medical conditions.
As an iOS Engineer on the FDA team, you will build features that inform our
members about specific underlying medical conditions detected using state of
the art Machine Learning algorithms and Data Analytics. You will work
alongside product management, design, and fellow engineers to help our members
proactively seek medical help if certain patterns are detected by the ML
- Work collaboratively in a business growth environment with a product and technical vision
- Document new features and architecture
- Work with the backend team to design data contracts
- Contribute to the iOS platform with the opportunity to set best practices and increase usability for users and developers alike
- Execute the release process to the Apple App Store
- Analyze and monitor user metrics and feedback to determine crash rate or potential bugs and to improve engagement
- Communicate effectively with immediate and external team members
- Drive cross team projects to completion working with other backend, Android, and iOS engineers
- Present solutions and frameworks for the betterment of the team to other software teams
- Experience in building, testing, debugging, and delivering native iOS apps in a professional environment.
- Experience with Swift and iOS frameworks such as UIKit, AutoLayout, XCTest, LLDB, Interface Builder, Codable, MVVM
- Knowledge of iOS memory management
- Experience developing libraries/frameworks and tooling that is used by other developers.
- Excellent knowledge of Xcode, Fastlane, CocoaPods, and debug tooling.
- Experience communicating with a RESTful backend.
- Product minded engineer with empathy for the customer experience.
- Willingness to learn and grow rapidly across iOS and external systems.
- Firm belief that automated testing is important and experience writing both Unit and UI tests.
- Any previous experience working with medical device software, IEC 62304 or other regulatory organizations is highly desirable.
Find out more about us:
["WHOOP Software Principles" ](https://engineering.whoop.com/2020/08/26/our-
_WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-
verify _ to determine employment eligibility.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful
candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston,