Location: Boston, MA
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers
people to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their
bodies and daily lives. We handle massive amounts of data continuously
streaming up to the cloud from people improving their health and wellness to
the world’s greatest sports teams and athletes mandating a fault-tolerant and
highly available product.
The Connectivity team focuses on bridging the gap between embedded and mobile
engineering, ensuring a seamless and consistent experience for members wearing
a WHOOP strap. As an iOS Mobile Engineer on the Connectivity team you’ll focus
on optimizing device connectivity and building new features into the existing
iOS app which are aimed at making our member’s connectivity experience as
seamless as possible. From ensuring timely firmware updates to designing
innovative ways to establish connections from software to hardware, we bring
WHOOP to the highest level of performance and availability across the globe
using the latest cutting edge technology.
- Work in a cross functional team that works closely with the hardware, firmware, and software engineering teams at WHOOP.
- Apply a solid understanding of iOS Bluetooth stack to connect and communicate with a BLE peripheral.
- Create and own systems that aid in analyzing connectivity health of our members.
- Utilize knowledge of Swift and Objective C to develop and maintain product features.
- Document new features and architecture using Jira, Confluence and preparing code using Github feature, develop, and master branches.
- Participate in the release process including getting the app built, managing build variants, signing, sending and testing through Firebase, and submitting to the App store.
- Analyze and monitor user metrics and feedback to determine crash rate or potential bugs and to improve engagement.
- Help groom and ramp-up of other mobile developers and also helping the backend team design data contracts.
- You are experienced working with consumer-facing apps that control BLE devices.
- You are experienced with Swift and Objective C.
- You are experienced with UI design and development within iOS such as UIKit, AutoLayout, XCTest, LLDB, Interface Builder, Codable, MVVM.
- You are experienced developing libraries/frameworks that is used by other developers.
- You are experienced communicating with RESTful backend APIs.
- You are experienced with best practices for networking, concurrency and threading.
- You are experienced with SQLite and Core data.
- You are experienced collaborating with product and design teams.
- You have a high degree of ownership for the features you build and ship to customers.
- You have a firm belief that automated testing is important and experience writing both Unit and UI tests.
Find out more about us:
["WHOOP Software Principles" ](https://engineering.whoop.com/2020/08/26/our-
_This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful
candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston,
MA office. _
_WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in _ _E-verify
_ to determine employment eligibility