Location: Boston, MA
Team: Supply Chain
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users
to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies
and daily lives.
As a Test Development Engineer II you will work closely with the WHOOP
Manufacturing, Electrical, Firmware, Mechanical, and Signal Processing teams
as you design and deploy automated test equipment and tools, supporting both
the engineering development and mass production of cutting edge wearables.
Additionally, you will analyze and report test results while working with
engineering and factory teams to identify risk areas and architect solutions.
You are familiar with electrical test engineering best practices and concepts
enabling you to intelligently design test systems that are efficient and
- Develop the electrical and control system of Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) to support mass production testing
- Create procedures for manufacturing test, test equipment calibration, test fixture maintenance, Gauge R&R, and design of experiments.
- Work with internal engineering teams and factory teams to achieve successful ATE bring up as well as issue resolution, production yield improvements, results tracking, data analysis, test process optimization, improvements to manufacturing robustness.
- Perform root cause analysis, failure review, and data analytics to drive corrective actions for a wide variety of engineering and manufacturing test fixtures and processes.
- Coordinate parallel path efforts as contingency planning for high-risk milestones
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related technical discipline
- 2+ years experience in electrical system design or testing.
- Experience of interfaces such as UART, I2C, SPI, USB, Bluetooth, NFC, etc.
- Experience in Altium for schematic design, PCB layout and simulation
- Experience in embedded C/C++.
- Experience communicating with engineering, manufacturing, and external partners and contractors both domestically and internationally in a CM/JDM model
- Experience in consumer electronics or wearable technology
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 15%)
** This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The
successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of
the Boston, MA office.**
_WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in _ _E-verify
_ to determine employment eligibility