Location: Boston, MA
Team: Supply Chain
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users
to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies
and daily lives.
As a Test Development Engineer II, you will work closely with the WHOOP
Manufacturing, Electrical, Firmware, Mechanical, and Signal Processing teams
as you design and deploy automated test software and tools, supporting both
the engineering development and mass production of cutting edge wearables.
Additionally, you will analyze and report test results while working with
engineering and CM teams to identify risk areas and architect solutions. You
are familiar with software test engineering best practices and concepts
enabling you to intelligently design test software that is efficient and
- Develop Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) test program to support manufacturing tests from engineering build to mass production.
- Design and implement test/automation software used to qualify new features of embedded systems and firmware.
- Create and maintain manufacturing test software requirements and specifications.
- Work with distributed teams across different time zones to achieve successful ATE bring up as well as issue resolution, production yield improvements, test process optimization.
- Perform root cause analysis, failure review, and data analytics to drive corrective actions for a wide variety of engineering and manufacturing test fixtures and processes.
- Coordinate parallel path efforts as contingency planning for high-risk milestones.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years experience in software development.
- 2+ years experience in embedded systems testing.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming languages (e.g., C++, C#), scripting languages (e.g, Python).
- Strong knowledge of QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- Knowledge of using GIT.
- Experience of communication protocols such as UART, I2C, SPI, USB, BLE, etc.
- Experience communicating with engineering, manufacturing, and external partners both domestically and internationally in a CM/JDM model.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 15%).
_ This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The
successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of
the Boston, MA office._
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify
to determine employment eligibility