Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Test and Flight Operations
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
This position will support the design, development and certification of a new
class of all-electric aircraft. As the Manager of the Instrumentation team,
you will be working closely with the wider test and engineering teams to
develop and maintain an instrumentation capability to support certification of
our revolutionary new aircraft design.
Wisk recognizes the challenges that the UAM industry faces with regards the
certification path for our vehicles. We are taking a pragmatic approach to
this task and consequently are looking for experienced test/instrumentation
personnel to join our talented team to make the certification process as
efficient and effective as possible. To be a member you will have displayed
highly developed safety awareness and risk management capabilities in previous
roles, and be willing to continue this behavior at Wisk.
Why we need you
- The successful candidate has direct experience participating in developing and maintaining instrumentation to support test execution, analysis and reporting of results. The candidate will understand the importance of effective instrumentation in the development lifecycle of an aircraft or UAS. In this role, the candidate must have well developed verbal and written communication skills, be proactive, forward thinking and self-motivated.
What you will do:
- In this role you are the functional leader for all personnel within the instrumentation team (permanent and contract) in the company.
- You will ensure that adequate resources are available and appropriately allocated to the multiple company programs.
- You will support the mentoring and development of your team members.
- You will have sufficient background and training to be able to support effective risk management in normal and test operations for all company aviation based activities.
- You will coordinate all instrumentation design, installation and ongoing support of the installs for the company. This includes liaison with suppliers.
- You will be a focal for providing input across the product teams to support the development and identification of instrumentation requirements for new aircraft models.
- Develop and maintain existing tools to manage data obtained from instrumentation to support company development and certification efforts.
- You will need to be able to develop company internal documentation to support operations.
- Manage allocated budget for manpower and assets.
What you have done:
- Demonstrated high level of personnel leadership capabilities in a fast paced product development environment.
- You will have recognized qualifications in an engineering discipline or demonstrate sufficient on the job experience to undertake the role from a technical perspective.
- Your test experience and background will be commensurate with the requirement to be a key leader in an aircraft certification program.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex aviation systems.
- You have led teams who achieved outstanding results in challenging and sometimes ambiguous circumstances.
- Held a role where you were exposed to a clean sheet development of instrumentation for an aircraft certification program.
- Previous experience with unmanned aerial systems, the heavier and more complex the better.
- Exposure to autonomous capabilities in air vehicles would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of battery systems as a source of propulsion and associated instrumentation suites.
- Experience working with Siemens suite of software products.
- Experience conducting test activities with certifying agencies such as FAA/TCCA/EASA
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.