Location: Remote, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Systems Safety & Reliability Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
The goal of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS)
engineering at Wisk is to build an aircraft that is safe to operate in an
urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you lead the team to
establish, monitor and verify subsystem reliability, availability and
maintainability performance requirements for all design changes and
Why we need you
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Relaibility Engineering Manager to join our RAMS team. lead a cross-functional team, covering the RAM Engineering, as well as interface and support other core engineering functions such as, but not limited to, Systems Engineering, Autonomy, Flight Physics, Hardware and Software engineering as well as Human Factors, Ground & Flight Test and Certification. You will also interface with the multiple development program IPTs (Integrated Product Teams) focused on program execution and product delivery.
- As a leader, one of your primary mandates will be to strengthen and mobilize the Reliability organization through leadership, coaching and mentoring. You will also be expected to mature the teams’ capabilities and methods (processes, tools, organization, etc.) to support company needs.
What you will do:
- Build and lead a high performing engineering team of reliability engineers
- Develop and maintain technical standards and quality for all RAM design/analysis practices and tools development processes
- Provide technical mentorship and appropriate training to build team proficiency
- Work with program management and project leads to support programs with team resources
- Responsible for team members performance reviews, career development, coaching, one-on-one meetings and feedback opportunities
- Responsible for team resource needs, hiring, recruiting efforts and technical interviews
- Lead a team to accomplish company goals in a fast pace, demanding, dynamic environment
What you have done:
- B.S. in engineering and 5+ years experience with reliability aspects of aircraft design and certification.
- 3+ years of experience in engineering management roles
- Strong experience with design reliaiblity engineering principles for safety critical systems (SAE ARP4754A/4761)
- Familiarity with applicable industry safety standards such as MIL-STD-217, MIL-STD-882, ISO 26262 etc
- Expertise with FAA certification processes and the design of vehicle systems to formal requirements such as Part 23, 25, 27 or similar
- Previous experience handling program/project schedule, resource and scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate technical information at all levels of the organization
- Working experience in aviation or automotive industry
- Experience with systems safety assessments and processes such as FHAs, SSAs, DAL allocation, FTAs, CCAs etc.
- Knowledge of operations/enterprise safety domain and its impact on design safety
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience with technical program management (TPM) and cost account management (CAM)
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.