Location: Remote, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Chief Engineers' Office
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
The Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead will provide project-specific cross-
functional leadership in a matrix organization with responsibility for
planning, monitoring, controlling and reporting on key technical product
development activities. The IPT Lead is accountable for ensuring the assigned
team's objectives are achieved within the scope, schedule and budget
allocation, and consistent with quality and technical standards.
The IPT Lead will utilize their business and technical acumen to drive
program/technical decisions and objectives. They are responsible for planning
and coordinating the resources required to execute the project and assigning
responsibility to activities. The IPT Lead, in cooperation with a Program
Manager who will be assigned to the IPT, will be responsible for the
generation and maintenance of the schedule, comparing actual results to a
baseline plan and assessing project performance, conducting risk management,
supporting gate reviews, facilitating peer reviews of all work products
produced by the team and identifying root cause and corrective actions to
improve project execution.
The Operations IPT Lead will be in charge of architecting and integration of
Communications, Information, and Vertiport Infrastructure as well as the
development and integration of Part 135 maintenance and operational logistics
software systems that will support Wisk’s 6th generation aircraft operations.
- Has authority and accountability for technical scope, schedule, and cost
- Primary point of contact for the technical, cost, risk/opportunity, and schedule performance of the specific development effort
- Engages with other IPT Leads, Chief Engineers, Functional Managers, and leadership to promote successful program planning and execution
- Frequent collaboration with multiple functions (e.g., certification, systems and safety engineering, hardware design, software, manufacturing, flight test, etc) and the program office
- Leads technical development efforts related to the concept, architecture, design, development, integration, validation, performance assessment, risk management, and flight/operational testing
- Support overall Program by contributing schedule inputs and changes into the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), maintaining timely and effective change management processes and procedures
- Monitor engineering performance and ensuring that issues are addressed immediately and corrective actions and recovery plans are implemented expeditiously
- Plan and coordinate activities to support verification and validation, including oversight of designing test fixtures, authoring test plans and associated reports
- Coordinate the engineering review, approval and release processes
- Support multidisciplinary program reviews and presentations throughout the different phases of development, certification, and production readiness with internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or STEM field
- 10+ years of experience in engineering development and leadership with responsibility for project scheduling and management
- 5+ years of experience in leading a multi-functional, technically oriented, Integrated Product Team
- 5+ years of experience deploying comms/navigation/vertiport infrastructure and enterprise software systems
- Experience in Part 121/135 flight and maintenance operations
- Experience with all phases of the development life-cycle including planning, conceptual design, requirements definition, preliminary design, prototyping, test and evaluation, detailed design, integration, formal verification, entry to production, etc.
- Strong engineering analytical and technical writing skills with demonstrated experience authoring formal analysis reports and supporting design reviews
- Effective communication & interpersonal skills with ability to present data and explain results to leadership, subordinates & peers
- Experience performing cost and schedule management
- Experience with risk, issues, and/or opportunity management
- Expertise in project management tools such as Microsoft Project, Confluence, and/or JIRA
- Strong decision-making abilities
- Graduate-level degree in engineering or STEM field
- Successfully helped organizations transition from the R&D stage to a product delivery and execution mode
- Working knowledge of UAM/AAM infrastructure, standards, and regulation
- Understanding of cloud-based enterprise systems and big data analytics
- Understanding of Part 135 certification process
- Experience developing complex operational systems using System Engineering processes and methods, including architecture development, systems integration, requirements development, validation, verification, etc.
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), including use case development, activity diagrams, logical architecture, etc.
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS), preferably having been in a role as Control Account Manager (CAM)
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Experience mentoring junior engineers and promoting two-way communication
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals
- PMI Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.