Location: Remote, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Product Management
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
Product Management at our company is about envisioning the most efficient,
simplest, customer-pleasing and company rewarding solutions possible. We
welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a
future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the
curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the
world forward together.
As a Product Manager, you will join a small, dynamic team that is creating a
customer-centric Advanced Air Mobility experience. Your specific role will be
in bringing together critical aspects of the product roadmap and applying them
to Maintenance Operations. Through an understanding of maintenance operations
and logistics, our aircraft architecture, and enterprise software - you will
have the responsibility of providing Wisk a competitive advantage by defining
the Wisk Maintenance Operation System.
A great Product Manager articulates the specific scope of a project to a wide
variety of audiences, including why a project is important and how it should
be delivered. They will work independently, build partnerships, and manage the
delicate balance between scope, schedule, and budget.
- Convert maintenance operation needs into operational system features that enhance Wisk’s ability to deliver the highest levels of safety and service levels.
- Create buy-in for the product vision internally and with key partners (engineering, manufacturing, etc). Negotiate requirements with technical engineering as you roadmap products.
- Access market landscape and competition through research and product landscape understanding. Identify and fill in product gaps and generate new ideas that can grow the business.
- Translate business process needs into software prototypes and detailed requirements.
- Create product development schedule, pricing, production, operations, and marketing plan.
- Define entry and exit criteria to each product, make vs. buy decisions, and desired ROI.
- Manage the daily rhythm of discussions that clarify and resolve requirements during design, development, testing, and release.
- Drive product release including the development of positioning, description, financial justification, and training. Collaborate with Marketing to ensure successful product introduction and adoption.
- Act as a conduit between the business and development team, identifying issues and finding long-term solutions.
- Prioritize multiple projects across all departments and systems.
- Ensure quality releases that meet business goals.
- Plan for business risks and prepare risk mitigation plans.
- Track and manage business outcomes.
What you'll need
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Exceptional product insight and vision; customer obsession
- Strong understanding of emerging technologies
- Strong collaborator and leader
- Executive-quality management skills
- Experience developing integrated SW solutions focused on maintenance operations
- Experience delivering consumer experiences with your fingerprints all over them
- Data-driven: you use data to develop detailed plans. Most importantly, you will understand how data within a maintenance system enables operations decision-making
- Strong product instincts, excellent communication skills and technical fluency
- Understanding of the product vs. project mindset
- An open-minded, creative, self-critical, flexible and adaptable personality
- 5+ years in a Product Manager role (or equivalent experience)
- Aerospace maintenance operations experience (Part 135 or Part 121)
- Experience the development/deployment of asset/lifecycle management software
- Knowledge of advanced lifecycle management statistics and AI/Data Science methods
- Experience with cloud-based software architectures (incl. application management)
- Prior experience with fast-paced organizations (e.g., start-ups, consulting firms, etc.)
- Familiarity with requirements gathering, information architecture, visual design, copywriting, functional specifications, technical specifications, test cases, test execution, and release management
- Experience managing small, dynamic, high-performing cross-functional teams
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering (Ms./MBA preferred)
- Ability to travel 25-30% of the time, as needed
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.