Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Electrical Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a PCB Layout Designer / Engineer to join our team. The goal
of a PCB Layout Designer / Engineer at Wisk is to develop high quality,
reliable circuit boards for critical aircraft systems (IPC Class 3). You will
be part of the Electrical Engineering Design team that works on the Electric
Propulsion Motor Controller, Energy Storage Battery Management System, Power
Distribution Unit, Cabin Management Computer and all other electronics across
the aircraft and ground systems.
What you will do:
- Placement and routing of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) designs. Including Rigid, Flex, and Rigid-Flex; for power, high speed digital, RF and analog circuits.
- Work closely with mechanical packaging engineers to ensure the finished circuit board will interface correctly with adjoining parts (heatsinks, other PCBs and enclosure).
- Understand the design requirements from the electrical and mechanical engineers, create PCB constraints and DRC rules in the CAD tool.
- Provide feedback to electrical design engineers to improve the schematic design.
- Run signal integrity and crosstalk analysis tools to identify and correct issues throughout the PCB layout process.
- Run DFM tools (Valor or CAM350) to identify and improve manufacturability of the PCB/PBA.
- Create and manage schematic symbols from datasheets.
- Design physical footprints from specification, data sheets or 3D models.
- Organize and manage PCB part library, design templates and release procedures.
- Craft and review fabrication notes, assembly notes and stack-up template.
- Manage the engineering definition release and change process in Teamcenter.
- Work with multilayer PCB layout, fabrication and assembly techniques.
- Be the point of contact for fabrication and assembly vendors for our PCBs.
- Interface with system & board designers, and packaging engineers to guide them on board routing tradeoffs for given design rules and signal and power integrity constraints
- Develop and maintain accurate task duration and schedule estimates for PCB tasks
- Help construction and manage the design rules used to check the finished design.
What you have done:
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology with at least 10 years of experience designing PCB layouts, or B.S in Electrical Engineering with 6 years of PCB layout experience (advanced degree counts towards additional years of experience).
- 5+ years of experience with Altium
- Experience with ECAD Library management
- Proficient in Altium Nexus
- Experience with IPC standards (Class 2/3, IPC-A-610, IPC-7351)
- Familiar with relevant IEEE, ASME and ANSI standards for Electrical drafting
- Knowledge of PCBA test methodologies such as ICT and flying probe
- Experience with PCB layout in the Aerospace industry including relevant EMI, HIRF and lightning PCB design considerations.
- Familiar with high rate manufacturing processes for printed circuit boards.
- Trained and certified as IPC CID or CID+.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.