Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Safety and Quality
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. The goal of an
Senior Quality Engineer at Wisk is to ensure that company Quality Management
System products and services are integrated throughout the programs. You will
be part of the Enterprise Quality & Safety team that integrates Quality
Engineering requirements within programs, processes and products.
You will be responsible for leading Senior Quality Engineering proposals and
projects related to Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) standards. You
will partner across IPT engineering and supply chain teams to ensure
standards, requirements and tools are established for product development.
Why we need you
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an Senior Quality Engineer to join our Enterprise Safety & Quality team. The goal of the Senior Quality Engineer at Wisk is to Quality Engineering proposals, projects and plans are integrated with product and production teams. To build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will be part of the Enterprise Safety & Quality team that ensures effective implementation of Quality proposals, projects and plans to support product development Your goal is to make sure that effective Quality Management System requirements are in place to support metrics, problem solving and lean six sigma efforts for continuous improvement. Your mission is to deliver execution of these deliverables in support of product safety and product conformance.
- The successful candidate is professional and highly motivated self-starter who can lead effectively across organizations independently. Candidate is respected in the aerospace engineering community as a highly knowledgeable and experienced technical leader who has direct hands-on experience developing and building type certified aircraft, from initial concept through flight testing and certification, with the technical breadth necessary to interface with all engineering functions such as Systems & Safety Engineering, Hardware, Software, Manufacturing, Test, and Certification. In this role, the candidate must be a technical leader with desired soft skills and aptitudes to lead proposals and projects independently across multiple organizations. Forward thinking and self-motivation with the ability to inspire and lead by influence a team of like-minded engineers.
What you will do:
- As part of the Enterprise Safety & Quality organization, and deployed in an integrated product team you will act as a primary interface of the Quality organization for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in executing company and organizational goals.
- You will support both the department leadership and the integrated product team leaders to effectively support implementation of quality plans and requirements
- You will help support problem solving activities including root cause corrective actions, problem solving DMAICs, lean six sigma.
- You will help coordinate data analysis, statistical control plans, FMEA, PPAP as required to meet Quality objectives
- You will take part organizational and program meetings to ensure effective collaboration and support is delivered to teams
- In some areas, you will be working closely with program integrated product teams, business organizations to help develop and align Quality plans
- You will plan and execute integration of Quality procedures, requirements and problem solving tools to support objectives. You will develop Quality metrics and analysis to support defect reduction improvements
- As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will help define ways to continuously improve the Quality Management System and product safety.
What you have done:
- Bachelor’s Science degree and typically 5 years of aerospace, automotive or other highly regulated industry.
- Demonstrated sound technical knowledge, skills and training which are recognized by professional or industry organizations.
- i.e. B.S. in a relevant engineering discipline with at least 5 years of experience in the integration, verification, and certification of aircrafts or large integrated systems such as integrated avionics system, electrical system, battery management systems, propulsion systems or fly-by-wire systems.
- You have worked on various aircraft development programs, regulatory certifications, product development propulsion, systems design, mechanical engineering, manufacturing or industrial engineering fields related to the scope of work and assignments.
- You have hands-on experience aircraft design, production, manufacturing, verification, inspection of airframe, systems and components
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex regulatory requirements, product development and design, quality systems and tools
- You have a strong and applied understanding of new product development, large scale manufacturing, design for manufacturing and the role of quality systems integration
- You have lead teams whom achieved successful aircraft certification, product development launch or company wide recognitions
- You are familiar with desired technical knowledge, skills and tools to perform the role of a Senior Quality Engineer. Effectively communicate, project manage and deliver commitments as required.
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.