Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Software & Automation Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our HIL Integration and
Test team. The goal of a Senior Software Engineer at Wisk is to ensure that
Software is designed, developed and tested to the highest standards of
Why we need you
- The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for analyzing needs for hardware-in-the loop systems to support software development and verification, designing the systems to meet those needs and working with other teams within the company to leverage these designs, tools and systems among teams.
What you will do:
- Join the HIL integration and test team to develop, build, verify and maintain hardware-in-the loop development systems and test rigs.
- Educate users on proper operation of the systems and provide support/troubleshooting during the HIL testing phase.
- Take part in the specification and implementation of a software test framework that will make the HIL test assets available to design and verification engineers throughout the company.
- Integrate the HILs with DevOps tools for automated testing, CI/CD, and data management.
- Implement solutions to streamline processes like deployment, debugging, asset deconfliction, and configuration management.
- Ensure the HILs are up to date with the latest aircraft architecture(s) and make upgrades/configuration changes as needed to support testing needs.
- Research and implement new HIL technologies in advance of forthcoming test needs.
- Support Software-to-Software, Software-to-Hardware, and/or System Integration.
- Work closely with the Systems Engineering team to understand system and software requirements and provide test assets that meet our verification objectives.
What you have done:
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience developing software, building and maintaining hardware-in-the-loop test systems
- Proficiency in Python, C/C++ or other modern object oriented language
- Experience with highly automated software development processes and modern tools (git, JIRA, Jenkins/Bamboo, etc.)
- Experience with testing and test automation tools such as pytest or AQT
- Real-time data acquisition and control software experience with NI Veristand, Simulink Real-Time or similar
- Ability to read and understand PCB schematics and software ICDs
- Understanding of basic soldering, wire harness assembly and electronics troubleshooting using tools such as a DMM or oscilloscope
- Familiarity with early development, integration, and certification phases of testing, especially on aircraft systems
- Integrating and troubleshooting common aerospace data busses and architectures (RS422/485, ARINC 429, ARINC 664, MIL-STD 1553, etc)
- Deriving testing requirements from high-level (L1, L2, L3) system requirements
- Build system development (Make, Scons, Bazel, etc)
- Supporting projects developed in C/C++
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Decision coverage and static analysis tools
- Certified safety-critical software (e.g. DO178B/C, or equivalent in non-aviation fields like automotive, medical devices, etc.)
- Some exposure to full stack development
- Some exposure to containers and cloud-based tools
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.