Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Mechanical Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design to join our
team. The goal of an Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design at Wisk is to
ensure that design of future rotor systems is a success. You will be part of
the Mechanical Engineering function supporting the Propulsion product team.
Why we need you:
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for an Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design to join our Mechanical engineering function. The goal of the Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design at Wisk is responsible for developing a design of a weight optimized structure with consideration for noise and vibration. Supporting the build of the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate has a strong mechanical background with the understanding of first principles and how they drive design. In this role, the candidate must be proactive, forward thinking, and self-motivated with the ability to inspire and lead a team of like-minded engineers.
What you will do:
- As part of the Mechanical Engineering function, and deployed in the Propulsion product team you will act as a Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineer, Rotor Design for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- Support ongoing rotor design projects and take ownership of new designs from concept to certification
- Interface with loads and motor group
- Work with technicians and manufacturing engineers to develop manufacturing processes, tooling, procedures, quality control points, inspection plans, etc.
- Support testing and production of hardware
What you have done:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering
- 12+ years mechanical engineering work experience
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in rotor design
- Familiar with rotor or propeller design
- Strong understanding of Mechanical Engineering fundamentals (statics, dynamics, structural mechanics, etc.)
- Familiar with CAD software such as Siemens NX (preferred), CATIA, Solidworks, etc.
- Familiar with drafting standards, including GD&T, and can interpret or create engineering drawings
- Experience supporting manufacture, including disposition of hardware non-conformances
- Familiar with aircraft certification and aerospace development best practices and standards
- Experience leading cross-functional integrated project teams including schedule, budget, and technical oversight
- Experience in field engineering/product sustainment
- Experience supporting component, ground, and/or flight testing
- Experience as FAA Designated Engineering Representative
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.