Location: Remote, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Software & Automation Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are currently seeking a lead software engineer with civil aerospace
experience to join us in developing exciting and revolutionary systems for a
new class of all electric aircraft. You will draw on your full life cycle
software development experience to lead a technical team specifying,
designing, and implementing the human experience capabilities for a certified
- The lead software engineering role is responsible for developing and delivering the software aspects of the passenger systems suite (passenger communications, displays, and environment control systems), . The role is responsible for leading a development team in the execution of requirements authoring, design, coding, and integration activities to successfully deliver in a timely manner.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience leading a software development team of 3 to 5 engineers to deliver quality products on schedule.. The successful candidate will have experience in all phases of software development governed by DO-178C processes for civil aircraft systems..
- Team leadership, work definition, organization, and delivery
- Contribute to the development of the DO-178C software planning documents.
- Authoring high level requirements
- Contributing to software architecture & design description.
- Authoring low level requirements
- Developing software components that realize low level requirements
- Perform Unit tests
- Participate in reviews of artifacts and software
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant engineering discipline
- 4+ years of experience in the civil aircraft industry, 10+ years overall related experience
- Proven software development experience governed by processes for certified safety critical systems (DO-178B/C, etc ).
- Experience developing audio and display systems and experience with related development technologies
- Proven software development experience in requirements, design, coding, and integration phases of development.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C or C++.
- Great interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Delivery driven attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project that involves peers across multiple engineering disciplines.
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to lead a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to perform formal software verification activities
- Familiarization with scripting languages such as Python
- Understands and appreciates the roles of configuration management and quality assurance.
- Familiarization with industry standard tools such as JIRA, GIT, Bitbucket, etc
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.