Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Systems Engineering & Integration
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
With that vision in mind, we are looking for a Senior Staff System Integrator
to join our team. The goal of an System integrator at Wisk is to ensure that
all of the aircraft systems and ground systems are well integrated to ensure
that our autonomous aircraft performs and operates safely in an urban air-
mobility environment. You will be part of the system engineering team that
specifies the functional, logical and physical system as well as integrate and
verify its components on test rigs and the aircraft in support of a type
- As part of the Systems Engineering & Integration organization, and deployed in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) you will act as a System Integrator for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market
- You will take part in safety critical system integration activities based on today's best system engineering practices, lessons learned and guidelines.
- You will support the multiple trade studies needed to achieve the most efficient and optimized safety critical systems architectural solutions that meet performance, size, weight, power and safety requirements as applicable from the FAA/EASA regulations.
- You will help support problem solving activities at the aircraft or major system level for various systems such as but not limited to: flight controls, onboard avionics, battery management system, electrical distribution system and propulsion system.
- You will help coordinate and author the various means of compliance and issue papers to achieve type certification.
- You will take part in the aircraft and system level development plan and associated development assurance activities.
- You will support the system requirements development and validation that supports the aircraft or various systems such as but not limited to: flight controls, avionics and sensors, battery management and electrical distribution, power plant and propulsion.
- In some areas, you will be working closely with system and components suppliers specifying and managing our technical needs as well as validating their offers and supporting their execution
- As a more senior team member, you will provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- You will plan and execute aircraft and system integration, validation, and verification activities.
- As a system integrator, you will help define complex aircraft or major system interfaces using the best methods and tools available in the industry
- You will support the aircraft and system configuration and take part in the coordination of the change management process for cross-functional as well as multidisciplinary issues
- You will support the system installation and respective safety zonal and particular risk requirements.
- B.S. in a relevant engineering discipline with at least 12 years of experience in the integration, verification, and certification of aircrafts or large integrated systems such as integrated avionics system, electrical system, battery management systems, propulsion systems or fly-by-wire systems.
- You have worked on various aircraft types and phases of development programs from conceptual design to entry into service, and were involved in trade studies leading to certifiable solutions
- You have hands-on experience integrating complex, safety-critical systems and solving associated problems.
- You have a strong and applied knowledge of complex safety critical systems development process methodologies and associated practices such as but not limited to ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-160, DO-178C, DO-254, DO-297
- You have a strong and applied understanding of the certification regulations from several of the following: Part 23, 25, 27, 29, 33, 35
- You are familiar with MBSE process, language (SysML, ARCADIA) and tools (CAMEO, CAPELLA, etc) and its use in complex system development
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.