Location: Remote, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Systems Safety & Reliability Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Senior Systems Safety Engineer to join our team. The goal
of system safety engineering at Wisk is to build an aircraft that is safe to
operate in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you
will work alongside development lifecycle stakeholders to identify hazards
associated with functions, systems and items, and to develop mitigation
strategies against these hazards.
- Drive the completion of safety and reliability analysis such as: Functional Hazard Assessment, Interdependence Analysis, Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis, Markov Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis, Reliability Allocation, Reliability Prediction Modeling, and Common Cause Analysis.
- Collaborate with systems engineers and engineering design teams to define safety requirements and resolve derived requirements.
- Collaborate with testing teams to conduct detailed planning of system safety verification efforts.
Within 3 months you will:
- Become an impactful member of the Systems Safety team (or the Safety and Reliability team)
- Learn from others about the requirements development and system safety processes in place.
- Get familiar with the urban air mobility system of systems and our UAS architecture.
- Begin conducting systems safety analysis.
Within 6 months you will:
- Continue learning about the systems that contribute to a safe urban air mobility system.
- Begin identifying potential issues in our UAS implementation and propose effective mitigations that are justified through analysis.
- Take ownership of the system safety lifecycle elements assigned to you.
- Establish a feedback cycle to ensure safety impacts are recognized and addressed early and efficiently.
Within 12 months you will:
- Take ownership of the wider system architecture and its associated safety mitigations and analysis.
- B.S. in engineering, and at least eight years of experience in systems safety and/or reliability engineering.
- Strong communication skills who thrive working in teams and across multiple functional domains.
- Ability to decompose, estimate effort and schedule tasks or activities.
- Prior experience applying safety assessment techniques in a structured environment such as ISO-61508, MIL-STD-882 and/or SAE/ARP-4761.
- Experience with an aircraft integration development program from conceptual design through certification.
- Experience in a certification environment to 2X.1309 and SAE/ARP-4754.Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering environment.
- Experience with Reliability Analysis tools like APIS, CAFTA, Reliability Workbench, MADe, Relyenece, DSI etc.
- Experience with Requirements tools like Doors, Polarian, Teamcenter Systems Engineering, Cameo etc.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement of organizational processes
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.