Location: Atlanta, GA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Software & Automation Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
- The staff software engineer is responsible for developing and delivering the safety critical avionics software for our pilotless EVTOL aircraft. The successful candidate will have proven experience working with systems engineers to develop avionics system specification and full software lifecycle development experience governed by safety critical development processes such as DO-178C.
- Assist systems engineers and peer software engineers to develop the aircraft avionics system requirements.
- Participate and occasionally lead a team in the DO-178C life cycle processes and activities for avionics subsystems. .
- Participate in the development of system and software architecture specification.
- Participate and lead reviews of software deliverables.
- Mentor Jr engineers.
- Perform and lead software integration activities.
- BS or //MS in computer science or relevant engineering discipline
- 7+ years overall avionics development experience.
- Proven software development experience governed by processes for certified safety critical systems (DO-178B/C, etc )
- Proven software development experience in requirements, design, coding, and integration phases of development.
- 2 plus years of experience with MathWorks Model-Based Development tools, i.e. Simulink Requirements, Check, Coverage, Code Inspector, Test, Report Generator and/or Polyspace Bug Finder, Coder Prover.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C or C++ for embedded systems
- Strong understanding of RTOS concepts and concurrent software design
- demonstrated ability to manage their tasks and projects that involve peers across multiple disciplines. .
- Great interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Delivery driven attitude
- Ability to read schematics and perform basic hardware debugging
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting language
- Systems view and detail-oriented, safety-oriented
- Exposure or experience with model based design and code generation (e.g simulink)
- Exposure to SysML or UML
- Familiarization with industry standard tools such as JIRA, GIT, Bitbucket, etc
We are headquartered in Mountain View, CA, and have a satellite office in
Atlanta, GA. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical,
dental, vision and life insurance (company pays 100% of employee premium),
flexible time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company
matching (no vesting period), and education assistance. And on top of all
that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, gym membership
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.