Location: Remote, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Software & Automation Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Staff Software Simulation Engineer to join our Software
Simulation Infrastructure team. The goal of a Software Engineer at Wisk is to
ensure that software is designed, developed and tested to the highest
standards of quality.
Why we need you
- The Staff Software Engineer is responsible for analyzing the simulation needs of various project teams, designing the systems to meet those needs, and working with other teams within the company to leverage available tools and systems for maximum development efficiency.
What you will do:
- Help to lead the design and development of our advanced simulation framework including single- and multi-agent scenarios for complex algorithm development, early requirements validations for systems and software, software verification, hardware in the loop (HIL), validation of control algorithms, and pre-flight pilot training
- Collaborate with internal customers to identify simulation system requirements, plan milestones and deliver critical tools to support product development
- Advance and organize the end-to-end simulation development efforts to support our long-term autonomous air-taxi vision
- Work with an agile team to manage the backlog to ensure the needs of internal groups are met.
- Capture and execute on the long term requirements for certification aspects for the simulation platform.
What you have done:
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent, with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in C++, Python, and C
- Strong software architecture design and development skills
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Comfortable working with the physics and math underlying aircraft dynamics, propulsion, etc.
- Prior experience with HIL/SIL aircraft or automotive simulation software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with highly-automated software development processes and modern tools)
- Passionate about aviation and the future of transportation
- Prior team leadership and/or management experience
- Skills in debugging, performance optimization and developer testing
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Familiarity with scaling simulation in a cloud environment (GCP, AWS)
- Prior experience with DO-178 or similar certification standards
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.