Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a passionate and strategic, but hands-on Head of
Sustainabilityto join our team. The goal of the Head of Sustainability at Wisk
is to implement a comprehensive Sustainability Strategy. That includes, but is
not limited to, outlining the path to Net Zero, the creation of a circular
supply chain, and implementing processes that foster sustainable design
decisions. This is a newly created role and you will be part of the Production
Why we need you:
- With our vision in mind, we are looking for a Head of Sustainability to join our Production System team to build the first fully autonomous all-electric aircraft that performs and operates safely and sustainably in an urban air-mobility environment.
- The successful candidate is very passionate about solving the big sustainability puzzle, brings a wide range of previous experiences in different operational positions (ideally in the aviation industry) and a solid understanding of the financial implications of their actions.
- In this role, the candidate must be an effective communicator and be able to work in a highly cross-functional environment with the ability to inspire and lead by influence. As part of the Production System organization you will act as the Head of Sustainability for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
What you will do:
- You will develop and implement a comprehensive sustainability strategy including, but not limited to, finding a path to net zero, building a circular supply chain, and embedding sustainability in design decisions.
- You will find long term savings and efficiencies across the company, continuously building the business case for sustainability and estimating its ROI.
- You will collaborate with Marketing to support outside messaging and, thereby, to gain a competitive advantage.
- You will create sustainability reporting for the board of directors, investors, consumers, and interest groups.
- You will develop and implement science based sustainability goals corresponding to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (as applicable).
- You will devise and execute a plan to reach said goals.
- You will communicate the importance of our sustainability strategy and policy internally to influence company culture
- You will lead and support the existing volunteer group by providing guidance and targeted input
- Support community outreach and communicate with interest groups
- You will stay abreast with current sustainability rules and regulations, which will inform your risk mitigation strategies
- You will work with Engineering to implement Sustainable Design practices that begin with how scrap is managed and end with a component’s end-of-life
- You will work with the Supply Chain team to find ways to encourage suppliers and partners to implement sustainability principles and best practices in their operations
- You will represent Wisk as a subject matter expert, support community outreach, and engage and communicate with interest groups, NGO’s, and other stakeholders
- You will share best practices with other industry leaders and will continuously improve sustainability processes and policies
- You will support onboarding and engaging of new employees to strengthen employee attraction and retention
What you have done:
- You have a B.S. in Sustainability Management, Operations Management or similar with at least 10 years of experience in sustainability adjacent functions or at least 15 years of overall work experience.
- You have worked in various different operational functions and bring a wide range of experiences that will inform your decision making in this position.
- You have hands-on experience with developing a company wide sustainability strategy.
- You have completed a sustainability based certificate
- You have experience with organizing and maintaining a grassroots movement, and keeping members motivated
Who you are:
- You are extremely passionate about sustainability and leaving the world a better place than you found it
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex sustainability challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You are highly organized and able to handle constantly shifting priorities
- You work well in ambiguity
- You embrace challenges and take commitments
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.