Location: Mountain View, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Systems Engineering & Integration
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
We are looking for a Systems Engineering Supervisor to join one of our Systems
Engineering teams. The goal of a Systems Engineering Supervisor at Wisk is to
manage a team of systems engineers and integrators to develop aircraft systems
and ground systems through early stage development, ensuring that our
autonomous aircraft performs and operates safely in an urban air-mobility
environment. You will lead a Systems Engineering team responsible for the
functional, logical, and physical architecture and integration, as well as
interface and requirements deliverables.
- You will build a high performing Systems Engineering team to develop functions, architecture, requirements, integrate between system interfaces, and develop process strategy.
- You will manage a team of people responsible for delivering high quality Systems Engineering artifacts for a novel type of aircraft development targeting the autonomous UAM market.
- You will review safety critical system integration activities based on today's best system engineering practices, lessons learned and guidelines.
- You will lead a team that will support the multiple trade studies needed to achieve the most efficient and optimized safety critical systems architectural solutions that meet performance, size, weight, power and safety requirements as applicable from the FAA/EASA regulations.
- As a leader in the SE organization, in collaboration with other leaders, you will contribute towards development of efficient and optimized strategies for execution, to be implemented across multiple IPTs, while at the same time developing and growing your team.
- You will support the system requirements development and validation efforts that support the Aircraft, Fleet Operation Center, or System of Systems IPTs.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the deliverables from your team meet the technical standards established by the program.
- You will be detail and technically oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- As a leader in the SE organization, you will exemplify the culture, mission, values, vision and quality policy of the organization, while empowering the team with supporting training, technical guidance, mentorship program, feedback and coaching.
- B.S. in engineering and 8 years experience in systems engineering or certification
- Experience leading a team of engineers in aircraft/UAM system development
- Hands on experience in development and decomposition of requirements, developing and allocating functions, and interfacing with certification and systems safety teams to deliver certification deliverables.
- Familiarity with ARP4754A, DO-160, DO-178C, DO-254, ARP4761, Part 23/25, regulations, AC XX.1309, or similar standards
- Experience in requirements management tools such as Polarion, Doors, Requiem etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Previous system development, design, manufacturing, or flight test experience
Experience in development of one or more of the following:
- Complex, highly coupled aircraft systems,
- Avionics systems,
- Flight Controls,
- Ground systems,
- Battery Systems,
- Electric High Voltage Propulsion Systems,
- high-level System of Systems UAM environments
- You are familiar with MBSE process, language (SysML, ARCADIA) and tools (CAMEO, CAPELLA, etc.) and its use in complex system development
- Experience with an aircraft or UAM development program from conceptual design through certification
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as free catered lunches,
flight lessons, gym membership subsidies, snacks, drinks, fruits, employee
referral bonus, charitable giving match, patent bonus program, happy hours and
In order to protect the health and safety of all Wisk employees in the
workplace, we are requiring that all employees receive an FDA-authorized
vaccination against COVID-19 prior to physically returning to Wisk’s U.S.
offices. Exceptions/accommodations are considered for employees with
disabilities or sincerely-held religious beliefs or practices that prevent
them from being vaccinated against COVID-19.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.