Location: Remote, United States
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Systems Safety & Reliability Engineering
At Wisk, we're transforming the future of urban mobility through safe, all-
electric, autonomous flight. We are a passionate team working together toward
a sustainable future, solving high-impact problems that have never been solved
before. By delivering everyday flight for everyone, we're making it possible
to spend less time getting there and more time being there. If you want to be
part of shaping the future of mobility, then read on!
Why we need you
- With that vision in mind, we are looking for a systems safety engineer to join our Safety and Reliability team. The goal of system safety engineering at Wisk is to build an aircraft that is safe to operate in an urban air-mobility environment. In support of this goal, you will work alongside development lifecycle stakeholders to identify hazards associated with functions, systems and items, and to develop mitigation strategies against these hazards.
What you will do:
- Drive the completion of safety and reliability analysis such as: Functional Hazard Assessment, Interdependence Analysis, Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis, Markov Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Failure Modes Effects Analysis, Reliability Allocation, Reliability Prediction Modeling, and Common Cause Analysis.
- Collaborate with systems engineers and engineering design teams to define safety requirements.
- Collaborate with testing teams to conduct detailed planning of system safety verification efforts.
- Take ownership of the wider system architecture and its associated safety mitigations and analysis.
- Take ownership of the system safety lifecycle elements assigned to you.
- Establish a feedback cycle to ensure safety impacts are recognized and addressed early and efficiently.
- Understand safety regulatory requirements applicable to the aircraft and system development program and tailor the safety assessment process to ensure these requirements are met to the satisfaction of airworthiness authority.
- Define appropriate safety targets using airworthiness regulations and guidance material such as 14 CFR 23.1309 for developmental aircraft and systems and develop safety mitigation strategies.
- Verify the implementation of mitigation strategies and provide recommendations and limitations.
What you have done:
- B.S. in engineering, and at least three years of experience in systems safety and/or reliability engineering.
- Strong communication skills who thrive working in teams and across multiple functional domains.
- Prior experience applying safety assessment techniques in a structured environment such as ISO-61508, MIL-STD-882 and/or SAE/ARP-4761.
- Experience with an aircraft integration development program from conceptual design through certification.
- Experience in a certification environment to 2X.1309 and SAE/ARP-4754.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering environment.
- Experience with Reliability Analysis tools like APIS, CAFTA, Reliability Workbench, MADe, Relyenece, DSI etc.
- Experience with Requirements tools like Doors, Polarian, Teamcenter Systems Engineering, Cameo etc.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement of organizational processes
Who you are:
- You are a highly motivated, self starting individual with a broad set of skills and never afraid of facing complex technical challenges
- You are a solution oriented individual with a strong analytical mindset
- You have strong communication skills and can easily tailor your communications to suit the audience
- You can adapt quickly or propose changes needed to achieve early results in a timely fashion
- You embrace challenges and take commitments and deliver results within reasonable expectations
- You are a positive team player
We are located in Mountain View just a couple of hundred feet from Shoreline
Lake and its surrounding walking/jogging trails. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance (company
pays 100% of employee premium), alternative work schedule (9/80), flexible
time off, 10 company holidays, a 401(k) plan with 50% company matching (no
vesting period), commuter assistance, and education assistance. And on top of
all that, we also offer a variety of perks such as flight lessons, wellness
subsidies, employee referral bonus, charitable giving match, IP bonus program,
happy hours and many more.
Wisk Aero provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Wisk Aero abides by applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has
facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Wisk Aero is an E-Verify employer.