Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Internal Additive
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
The Additive Technician - 3D printing is responsible for the daily operation of Additive Manufacturing machines, post-processing of 3D built parts, and shop maintenance/cleanliness. The technician must have a drive to excel in fast-paced environments with an attention to detail mindset.
● Operation of Additive Manufacturing machines (EOS SLS, Stratasys Fortus 450, Stratasys 900, PostPro3D Vapor Smoother, Prusa i3Mk3s+ desktop FDM, and Stratasys Connex machines)
● Powder Handling: Powder blending to meet shop specification, SLS build breakouts
● Support removal: removing support structure from FDM printed models using manual methods or soluble bath
● Post-processing: Drilling holes, tapping holes, Installing inserts, Installing helicoils, Media Tumbling, Dyeing, Sanding, Bag and Tagging
● Shop maintenance and cleaning
● Regular use of Xometry ERP and Magics software systems
● High school diploma or equivalent
● High level of manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
● Extreme attention to detail and patience
● Ability to work unattended while multitasking
● Algebra and basic computer skills
● Performs all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures
● 1+ year manufacturing or assembly experience
● Machine shop / CNC experience a plus
● Experience in a demanding job, such as a commercial kitchen or high- output manufacturing company
● Basic understanding of blueprints, drawings and 3D CAD preferred
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.