Location: Denver, CO
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Quality Systems
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by
connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them
to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical
resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for
buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Xometry is looking to hire an experienced CNC and Sheet Metal Pricing
Estimator to join our world class Manual Quoting and Estimating team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Analyze engineering models and drawings to define the sequence of machining operations to ensure that the design intent and component quality can be achieved.
- Make proper cost estimations, taking into consideration such factors as materials, speeds, type of cutters, feeds and control system limitations.
- Work closely with machinists, quality personnel, design engineers, and management to develop successful commercial proposals.
- Must have experience with simple turning to complex 5 axis machining methods and fixture design; experience with turning and milling programming.
- Experience with sourcing materials and finishes
Required Skills and Experience
- Familiarity with a range of different machining processes including 5-axis milling, live-tooling lathes, grinding, and EDM
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
- Exotic alloys and their material properties, cutting tools and machine tool capabilities to develop a part machining plan.
- Protocols, standards, technologies, and machining applications.
- Reviewing customer RFQs for both deliverable and quality requirements
- Communicating with customers to accurately define requirements and expectations.
- Supply chain management and sourcing methodologies
- Consolidating all outside costs and internal costs associated with process time in engineering, machining, finishing and QC.
- Creating detailed quote packages for final review.
- Managing quote logs and tracking conversion, margin, and on-time delivery KPIs.
- Experience with a modern CAD package such as Solidworks, Inventor, Onshape, Fusion360, Siemens NX, etc.
- Familiarity with modern ERP/MRP systems
- Parse key manufacturing and specification requirements from 2D drawings and CAD models.
- Manipulate and modify 3D CAD models
- Provide technical support to production manufacturing teams and DFM feedback to customers
- Monitor and respond to performance feedback related to project pricing, lead times, and order conversion rates.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally, and in writing.
- Operate effectively in a team environment.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit -
share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will
provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S.