Location: Lexington, KY
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Finance & Accounting Senior Management
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
We are looking to hire a dynamic payroll leader to join our company's accounting department. This position will be responsible for directing all aspects of payroll operations, which include payroll, payroll taxes, equity plan transactions, compliance and required filings, audits, reporting and ad hoc projects.
This role will lead our payroll team in delivering operational and strategic solutions to our end-to-end payroll process. This position will play a crucial role in further establishing and scaling our growing global payroll operations and supporting our overall organizational growth. This role will be responsible for implementing payroll processes in new regions domestically and internationally, as well as for potential future acquisitions . This leader will be responsible for building and managing a team that is driven by servicing and creating a world class experience for employees.
The payroll leader will work closely with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Human Resources, and Legal, among others, and act as an escalation point for payroll-related matters.
· Implementing, maintaining, and reviewing payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
· Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates
· Responding to any payroll-related queries or questions from employees
· Creating monthly and annual payroll reports for management review
· Ensuring all payroll systems comply with federal tax laws
· Maintaining payroll systems and reporting any issues to management
· Supervising personnel involved in payroll and ensuring the best financial practices are adhered to
· Auditing payroll transactions to ensure that accounts, payment dates, and taxes are accurate and up to date
· Bachelor's degree in accounting, human resource or related field preferred
· 10+ years of payroll processing experience including international payroll processing
· 4+ years supervisory experience
· Excellent knowledge of payroll software, such as ADP, Paylocity, etc
· Familiarity with labor legislation and federal tax laws
· The ability to ethically work with employee-sensitive information
· Solid knowledge of data entry management
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with team members
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) desired
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.