Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Shipping & Receiving
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Overview of Company and Position:
We are currently seeking an experienced shipping coordinator at our Gaithersburg, MD location. This individual will be responsible for the administration, coordination, and execution of domestic and international shipping services. The primary responsibility will be to review import and export documents, ensure that all customs invoices and shipment papers are present, and prepare paperwork for clearance. Additional tasks will include creating quotes, coordinating with carriers to set up shipments and/or resolving shipping exceptions.
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
● Prepare, review and edit import and export documents; Commercial Invoices, Bills of Lading, packing slips and shipping labels to route packages internationally.
● Administrative responsibilities include preparation of reports/presentations and analysis using various software packages and databases.
● Document review and assessment of accuracy, verifying country of origin/export, IOR, terms of sale and value to ensure that compliance and federal regulation requirements are achieved.
● Daily follow-up on documentation discrepancy issues which requires the ability to troubleshoot and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers and Xometry partners in foreign countries.
● Quote shipping rates for domestic and international parcel and freight shipments
● Sets up freight shipment pick ups and track through delivery.
● Helps file Electronic Export Information (EEI) online with US Customs and Border Protection on any eligible export shipments.
● Escalates customer complaints and requests with carriers and follows up to ensure the request was completed while keeping the customer informed.
● Work collaboratively with all departments to resolve issues related to package deliveries or shipments.
● Performs all work in compliance with Xometry's quality and safety systems, policies and procedures.
● 2+ years relevant work experience
● Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work in a fast- paced high-volume shipping environment.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
● Basic computer skills; experience with FedEx Shipping Manager and UPS WorldShip software preferred
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.