Location: New York City, NY
Employment Type: Full-Time
Team: Software Engineering
Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by
connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them
to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical
resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for
buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
We are looking for Junior level Software Engineers to join our growing
software engineering organization. The right person will help move our
platform to the next level. You’ll be working as part of a skilled,
collaborative team to jointly design and implement high visibility
applications. This is an IDEAL job if you are just starting your career in
software engineering and you want to be part of a small, intensely skilled
team, who feel total ownership of their work, and can’t imagine a day without
learning & coding. You will play a crucial role in the Xometry platform and
everything you do will matter.
What You'll Do
- Active participation on a software development team designing, coding, testing, and releasing functionality to our customers
- Close collaboration with other engineers and product managers to become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
What We're Looking For
- 0-3 years of experience in a fast-paced technical, problem-solving environment as a software developer or software engineering intern
- One or two software engineering projects or internships that you can talk about, showing off some of your work
- Demonstrable understanding of software engineering fundamentals and object-oriented programming
- Some understanding and maybe some experience with using OOP using C#, Java, C, C++, Ruby, Python or similar
- Familiarity with code management (GIT) and continuous integration build and deploy
- Excellent oral and written (English) communication skills
- Must be able to work core aligned hours to US Eastern Time / GMT-5
- Must be a US citizen, green card holder, or a legal permanent resident of the United States
What You'll Enjoy
- Work in a highly collaborative, self-organizing team with the ability to decide how your team works and what technologies you use
- Competitive salary + comprehensive benefits
- Flexible working hours with paid time off
- Health, Dental, Vision, Commuter, Dependent Care, Primary & Secondary Parental Leave, and 401K benefit options
- Continuous development opportunities such as onsite training, meetups, conferences, and online training subscriptions
- Stock Options – We are a growing startup so you get a piece of the pie
- And more!
Find out more about Lexington, KY by visiting
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit -
share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will
provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S.